Navaratri (The Mahasamadhi Song)

  • assistantmummer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2008

      Jai Guru Chinmoy.

      (Repeat first two verses.)

      * * *

      Michael
    • rintu_chakravarthy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 13, 2008
        Dear Michael,
        Was this beautiful poem-song composed by you during the Memorial
        Week? I knew that the week coincided with Navaratri (Durga Puja for
        the Bengalis).

        May be I missed a post where probably you described the inspiration.
        If so, could you advise the messaeg#. If not, would you mind
        sharing with us?

        I'd like to say how I myself felt on this sour-sweet coincidence. As
        soon as I got the message on 11 Oct, I was angry with Mother Durga.
        When I was over it, I was still upset crying "why? why?". After 3
        days and some singing at AG, I felt healed. Only on the 19th Oct
        after the Mahasamadhi, did I feel Guru in the Mother's all-embracing
        loving presence. Then, I could go back to my normal relationship
        with the Mother. When I returned to Mumbai from NY on the last day
        of Navaratri (21st Oct 07, called Vijaya Dasami), I learnt that my
        whole family hardly participated in this year's Durga Puja
        celebrations. With my encouragement, all of us went to the Puja
        pandal for the last darshan of the Goddess!

        Admirably yours,
        Rintu

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Navaratri (The Mahasamadhi Song)
        >
        > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
        > Durga, Durga, Durga,
        > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
        > Durga, Durga, Durga,
        > Navaratri.
        >
        > Soulful life, soulful death,
        > Soulful Mahasamadhi.
        >
        > Orphan Madal,
        > Spiritual father,
        > Mother's compassion-heart.
        >
        > All he fulfilled,
        > All he fulfilled,
        > Mother welcomes him.
        >
        > O Mother,
        > Our orphan-hearts cry and cry for him;
        > Our hero-souls sing his Victory-Song.
        >
        > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
        > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
        > Jai Guru Chinmoy.
        >
        > (Repeat first two verses.)
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > Michael

      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2008
          Dear Michael,

          Please, could you tell us where to find the score of your soulful
          song?

          With admiration,
          Suchana

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Navaratri (The Mahasamadhi Song)
          >
          > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
          > Durga, Durga, Durga,
          > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
          > Durga, Durga, Durga,
          > Navaratri.
          >
          > Soulful life, soulful death,
          > Soulful Mahasamadhi.
          >
          > Orphan Madal,
          > Spiritual father,
          > Mother's compassion-heart.
          >
          > All he fulfilled,
          > All he fulfilled,
          > Mother welcomes him.
          >
          > O Mother,
          > Our orphan-hearts cry and cry for him;
          > Our hero-souls sing his Victory-Song.
          >
          > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
          > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
          > Jai Guru Chinmoy.
          >
          > (Repeat first two verses.)
          >
          > * * *
          >
          > Michael

        • assistantmummer
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 14, 2008
            Dear Rintu,

            Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad that by the end of Durga
            Puja, you patched things up with the Mother!

            It so happens I wrote down that song on October 19. I had tried to
            assuage my grief by going to a Navaratri service, but all I could
            think of was Guru's Mahasamadhi. While I was listening to others sing
            songs to Mother Durga, that was the song that came to me.

            Especially in the period directly following Sri Chinmoy's passing, the
            only real relief I could find was in invoking him and getting a poem
            or song. There is a line from something remembered which I have been
            trying to track down unsuccessfully: "Who can speak of Thee but Thee?"
            It reminds me of the feeling I had when writing certain poems and
            songs that he was writing them through me. About this song, I joke to
            myself that it is the first song he wrote *after* his death!

            The music sounds like his too, but unfortunately I have not yet
            notated it, though I have sung it many times inwardly. So Suchana, you
            will have to wait! Thank you for asking. I will not give up.
            Eventually I will get it notated, and then I will share it.

            Rintu, you wrote "sour-sweet" describing your feelings. The song also
            has varied emotions. The line "Our orphan-hearts cry and cry for him"
            is so sad, but the feeling changes completely in the next line: "Our
            hero-souls sing his Victory-Song."

            I remember that period with such mixed feelings... His passing was the
            most painful thing I have ever experienced in adult life, but the
            sorrow I felt and feel is also deeply holy. So sometimes I miss
            Memorial Week in a way which he describes:

            "Do you want to know
            What I am missing?
            I am missing my heart's
            God-loving orphan-sorrow."
            -Sri Chinmoy

            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0582/77/

            Michael

            See also:

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rintu_chakravarthy
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Dear Michael,
            > Was this beautiful poem-song composed by you during the Memorial
            > Week? I knew that the week coincided with Navaratri (Durga Puja for
            > the Bengalis).
            >
            > May be I missed a post where probably you described the inspiration.
            > If so, could you advise the messaeg#. If not, would you mind
            > sharing with us?
            >
            > I'd like to say how I myself felt on this sour-sweet coincidence. As
            > soon as I got the message on 11 Oct, I was angry with Mother Durga.
            > When I was over it, I was still upset crying "why? why?". After 3
            > days and some singing at AG, I felt healed. Only on the 19th Oct
            > after the Mahasamadhi, did I feel Guru in the Mother's all-embracing
            > loving presence. Then, I could go back to my normal relationship
            > with the Mother. When I returned to Mumbai from NY on the last day
            > of Navaratri (21st Oct 07, called Vijaya Dasami), I learnt that my
            > whole family hardly participated in this year's Durga Puja
            > celebrations. With my encouragement, all of us went to the Puja
            > pandal for the last darshan of the Goddess!
            >
            > Admirably yours,
            > Rintu
          • nayaknayaknayak
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 21, 2008
              Dear Michaelassistantmummerdivine

              I like this song very much. The passing of our Master has healthfully
              created in us the music of reconciliaton. Only music can soothe us.

              The Time music is the most soothing of all.

              Love,

              Nayak

              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Navaratri (The Mahasamadhi Song)
              >
              > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
              > Durga, Durga, Durga,
              > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
              > Durga, Durga, Durga,
              > Navaratri.
              >
              > Soulful life, soulful death,
              > Soulful Mahasamadhi.
              >
              > Orphan Madal,
              > Spiritual father,
              > Mother's compassion-heart.
              >
              > All he fulfilled,
              > All he fulfilled,
              > Mother welcomes him.
              >
              > O Mother,
              > Our orphan-hearts cry and cry for him;
              > Our hero-souls sing his Victory-Song.
              >
              > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
              > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
              > Jai Guru Chinmoy.
              >
              > (Repeat first two verses.)
              >
              > * * *
              >
              > Michael

            • assistantmummer
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 11, 2008
                The score of the song honouring Guru's Mahasamadhi is now available
                for download here:

                http://www.mediafire.com/?mjymykzjndm

                It's a one-page PDF file. No registration or sign-up needed. You can
                just click and download.

                Michael

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Dear Michael,
                >
                > Please, could you tell us where to find the score of your soulful
                > song?
                >
                > With admiration,
                > Suchana
                >

                > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Navaratri (The Mahasamadhi Song)
                > >
                > > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
                > > Durga, Durga, Durga,
                > > Chinmoy, Chinmoy, Chinmoy,
                > > Durga, Durga, Durga,
                > > Navaratri.
                > >
                > > Soulful life, soulful death,
                > > Soulful Mahasamadhi.
                > >
                > > Orphan Madal,
                > > Spiritual father,
                > > Mother's compassion-heart.
                > >
                > > All he fulfilled,
                > > All he fulfilled,
                > > Mother welcomes him.
                > >
                > > O Mother,
                > > Our orphan-hearts cry and cry for him;
                > > Our hero-souls sing his Victory-Song.
                > >
                > > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
                > > Jai Guru Chinmoy,
                > > Jai Guru Chinmoy.
                > >
                > > (Repeat first two verses.)
                > >
                > > * * *
                > >
                > > Michael

              • cott_doris
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                  What a joy, Michael. I will print it when I am back in Switzerland in
                  two days. The provider here blocks the down load.

                  Doris :-)

                  P.S. Would have loved to meet you here. Thank you for all your
                  inspiration.
                • suchana27
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                    Dear Michael,

                    I could easilly download your soulful song. This is such a special
                    offering of yours on this sacred day!

                    I hope we will be able to sing your song this month on our first
                    international Joy-Day Weekend.

                    Gratefully,
                    Suchana
                  • one_prachar
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                      Many many thanks, dearest Michael!

                      This song is truly inspired - singing it now at 3 am, softly, just
                      returned from a moon-flooded Aspiration-Ground.

                      With gratitude inexpressible

                      Prachar
                    • abhinabha
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 14, 2008
                        Dear Michael,

                        I wholeheartedly join Prachar in his accolades of your divine song.
                        While singing it I feel Guru's consciousness very clearly shining
                        through. A great achievement!

                        Best wishes,
                        Abhinabha
                      • cott_doris
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
                          Dear Michael, silently I too had wished for getting the score of the
                          Mahasamadhi song. I am joining Prachar's, Suchana's and Abhinabha's
                          opinions about it.

                          Still practising

                          Doris
                        • suchana27
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 5, 2008
                            Dear Michael,

                            Last week, some Argentinian and Brazilian disciples enjoyed a family
                            gathering in Uruguay. We spent some time singing Guru´s songs and we
                            sang Navaratri several times conducted by Denise (Brazil).

                            We all loved your song deeply!

                            With gratitude,
                            Suchana