Re: Read This if you Dare

  • abhinabha
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
      Dear Arpan and Vasanti,

      Your running posts are totally inspiring! I already went for a run
      today, but my legs are itching to get out again into the night rain
      and log a few miles. Ah well, let me write this post instead.

      There is something very special about running in inclement weather.
      Some of my best runs have been in the pouring rain or the biting cold.
      The way nature lashes down on you and the way you hold your head high
      and just put one leg in front of the other, enjoying the trance-like
      rhythm of your feet dancing away the road...

      And suddenly nature surrenders! I know what Vasanti is talking about,
      I have also experienced it many times.
      I like what Emile Zatopek said about it:

      "There's a great advantage in training under unfavourable conditions."

      I also enjoy Sri Chinmoy's comment on that utterance:

      "For when victory dawns, everything becomes sweet, illumining and
      fulfilling. At that time, unfavourable conditions are no longer seen
      as unfavourable but as necessary steps to bring to the fore the
      runner's ultimate capacity."

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/emil-zatopek/7.html

      Two weeks ago I participated in a big 15K race in the city I grew up
      in, which is called Nijmegen and lies in the East of Holland, close to
      the German border. This race - the "7 hills race" - is very popular,
      drawing almost 30,000 people. It also holds the world record for 15K.

      To me a race is the summit of running joy. It is a test of strength,
      will and courage: how deep will you go? It is painful and at the same
      time it is joyful, especially after crossing the finish line! And
      running together with thousands of others creates such a powerful
      feeling of oneness. It is also at the perfect time of year, in the
      middle of autumn when the trees are at their heights of beauty, with
      falling leaves of gold preceding you wherever you turn. Oh, I do love
      autumn!

      Keep on running and smiling and becoming!

      Best wishes,
      Abhinabha

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vasanti_hd
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > No Heidelberg? :)
      >
      > Just back from a "short" run (1 h) Instead of working (some
      translations are waiting) here I am again reading the latest posts

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-service-trees/part16/283.html

      > Of course I have also gone out running in pouring rain and it became
      > even worse, but today's experience still has happened many times in
      > similar ways.
      >
      > Vasanti
      > (not giving up learning to listen)

    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
        Ochyen Horosho and Spacebo Vlad for ringing the bell!

        Welcome welcome welcome:)

        Purnakama
      • arpan_deangelo
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
          It is very nice to hear from you, Vlad.

          Bolshoia spaciba!(I love the Russian language and studied it many
          years ago for a while but forgot much of the little I learned.)

          We would love to hear more from you and any inspiring experiences or
          feelings you wish to share here. Even just a reply, like the one you
          just sent, is very welcome. We hope others will do the same even if
          they feel they have not much to say.

          The fact is that some of us like to talk, or in this case, write more
          than others. It's not so much that we like to hear ourselves talk or
          see what we write in public, but more as a sharing from the heart in
          ways that we feel creates more of a sense of oneness in the way our
          great Master, Sri Chinmoy, encouraged and taught us.

          Although his teaching was essentially a silent teaching and inner
          teaching, Sri Chinmoy's ability to manifest and share this deep inner
          reality and Truth was remarkably creative and innocent. It could be
          something as simple as a sweet story or rhyming poem. There is no
          necessity to have literary skills or even perfect English. Just write
          from the heart and make it simple.

          In your case, many people are curious about your part of the world.I
          know one or two people from Kazakhstan and I have heard of how
          beautiful it is there. Would love to hear more. Maybe we could even
          practice a few Russian phrases here like: (Ochin Pryatna
          pahznahkomitsah- Very happy to meet you). Don't laugh too hard when I
          try to speak your language, but it's fun.

          'Paka' for now,

          Arpan