Re: A Beginning, an End, and an Eternity and God's creatures

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007
      Dear Sharani,
      I am all admiration for the way you gracefully slipped back into the
      pool, even carrying with you all the light of the retreat back to
      us! Welcome home, we missed you!

      Sarah
      P.S. Would you like to join Purnakama, Doris, Beverly and me for
      online-tea at Purnakama's place? (see #21342, for instance)

      > Dear Sumangali,
      > Your words of encouragement for ongoing and especially new bell
      > ringers feel like the perfect first place to share a few words here
      > now that I have returned from ten days on retreat.*
      >
      > Since I usually share here frequently, my not using the Internet
      for a
      > while brings an altogether different perspective. I came home
      > and read a host of illumining, thought and soul provoking messages
      > from the silent reader point of view because I didn't use the
      Internet
      > but once on my trip. Now that I'm out of the flow, it truthfully
      feels
      > somewhat daunting to dive back in and do a few laps -- yes you'll
      find
      > some swimming and ocean imagery from me with so much time in
      > the idyllic waters of the Caribbean fresh in my being. :-)
      >
      > The shoe is suddenly on the other foot. Putting that first toe in
      the
      > water can be tough. Then if someone writes, it must be hard if
      > dialogue does not flow from it. Sumangali wrote,
      >
      > "It means a lot when someone takes time to say how they feel, and
      > sticks their neck out to do so: either in an original message or in
      > response to one written by someone else."
      >
      > I often sincerely wish time permitted thoughtful replies to all who
      > share here even though I know it would be a time-consuming task. I
      > find myself remembering Subarnamala's beautiful message #20940 about
      > oneness during the Memorial Week and regretting that I never replied
      > to it specifically.
      >
      > She shared this with us on November 3rd as a reply to Suren's
      equally
      > powerful post #20822 on oneness after Sri Chinmoy's mahasamadhi:
      > Sadly she has not written since then - I miss the peal of her bell.
      > Luckily Suren is still writing.
      >
      > Even though I'm ordinarily chatty here, I truly struggled to
      overcome
      > a sense of intimidation about writing again after I finished reading
      > most of the messages I missed while away. Then my thoughts flew to a
      > prayer recitation by Ashani's prayer group I was lucky enough to
      > participate in. The morning of the day I flew home a group of girls
      > led by Ashani recited 50 "My God-Hunger-Cry" prayers from memory.
      Kind
> [...]
      of
      > wishing for silent readers to become at least fleeting bell-ringers.
      > And just like how in the prayer recitation it was so special to
      strive
      > for oneness without any one voice standing apart, the more voices
      that
      > could chime in here would truly herald victory.
      >
      > May I finish with one of the prayers we recited that is exquisitely
      > beautiful:
      >
      > "My aspiration-heart is breathlessly in rapture in the blue vast
      sky.
      > It has seen God's signature."
      > My "God-Hunger-Cry" prayer - Sri Chinmoy
      > [unofficial]
      >
      > -Sharani
      > *In their essential core, these days offered vivid and powerful
      > opportunities to deepen our oneness and heart's connections with
      each
      > other along with the certitude of Guru's inner guidance in our lives
      > even if no longer supplemented by his outer physical presence.
      >
      > I honestly feel no less transformed from the experience than
      > any other Christmas trip. My ordinary human mind is still awed and
      > overwhelmed by such an experience. More on that will have to wait
      > until the entire trip is over.
      >

      > - In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ten days late, *thank you* for this kind message, Purnakama. Your
      > > chiming is music to my ears. Sometimes it is not so comfortable
      baring
      > > one's soul to the whole world. It is more solace than you may
      know to
      > > find that my words sometimes find a safe harbour of kindness.
      > >
      > > Just because someone might find it relatively easy to put their
      > > thoughts and feelings into writing, does not mean those thoughts
      and
      > > feelings are any less vulnerable in a public arena. It means a lot
      > > when someone takes time to say how they feel, and sticks their
      neck
      > > out to do so: either in an original message or in response to one
      > > written by someone else. I don't do this myself as much as I
      could.

      > > To any silent readers out there, I hope we hear from you soon,
      even if
      > > it's just to say hello. I know even that might not be easy
      (really, I
      > > *do*), but it might just be worth the effort. It's sometimes
      lonely
      > > out here on the public limb :-)
      > >
      > > I love the sound of many church bells ringing together in a
      round, I
      > > love the sweetness of many hand bells playing a tune; so much
      merrier
      > > than one tolling into a void. Oneness seems more important now
      than it
      > > ever was.
      > >
      > > Sumangali
      > > Bringing some bells and bidding you ring, dear World (even

    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2007
        Dear Sharani,

        Welcome back.

        Thank you for bringing some glimpses of your trip; although, as you
        say, the outer details are pending, the inner light you have received
        shines brightly through your greetings. It is most encouraging (in
        fact, a great relief) to hear that you have received as much inner
        nourishment as on previous trips: further assurance that Sri
        Chinmoy's inner presence may be as tangible as his former outer
        presence.

        Silence may so often breed doubt that one has been understood. Your
        anecdote is an absolutely perfect parallel, offered with such warmth
        and humility. It spoke my own sentiments much more clearly and
        powerfully than my message to which you replied. Thank you so much.

        * * *

        Dear Silent Readers,

        I absolutely respect your divine right to remain silent, and I am
        sincerely grateful for your strengthening presence in this group.

        My invitation was meant only as encouragement to those who remain
        silent out of timidity. I meant only to tell you that I myself am
        naturally timorous; it is only through God's Grace and Sri Chinmoy's
        inner and outer encouragement that I have managed to overcome it to
        the extent of saying anything at all in a public space. I still have a
        long, long way to go, but any baby steps taken thus far have brought
        me nothing but progress.

        Mind you, ask me to speak alone publicly, or sing into an
        audience — however forgiving — and you will see the trembling mouse in
        me. If you feel that way about writing, you have my full sympathy, but
        more constructive than that: my prayer that you feel encouraged to
        join this choir of bells, if you are so inclined.

        With best wishes to all
        Sumangali
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2007
          Dear Sarah,
          After I entered my tea order in my reply to Vasanti's message, now I
          read yours! Sorry about that. As you can see in that message, I'm
          drinking Decaf chai with pumpkin flavored soymilk in it. Then there's
          always blueberry rooibos tea at Ketan's Panorama Cafe beckoning as well.

          Today I saw my first snow - what a wonderful experience. And how odd
          when only two days ago the whiteness surrounding me was the softest
          delicate sand on the beach or the froth of a wave. Here are some
          pictures from my trip
          http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/tropicaltransformation/

          Affectionately,
          Sharani