Re: God's Patience-Love-Light

  • israel_brazil
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Doris,

      I only wish you and many other disciple-poets are keeping an archive of the poetry posted here! All your poems seem to express vividly that your spiritual life, under the loving guidance of Guru, has made itself shine through written word as well. And in these words they are most conforting for the yearning heart or mind of a brother disciple. I sincerely hope that someday I could find them encapsuled in a nice hardcover. They definitely remind me of Sri Chinmoy - this is in itself really something! :D

      It might seem strange that sometimes we might want to have our own deeds published/manifested, since Guru wrote over 1.500 books, composed over 20.000 songs, painted millions of birds plus Jharna-Kala artworks and so on. But yet, when lecturing on meditation and the spiritual life, instead of saying all the time "My Master said" we use terms such as "It is known that", "It is a general principle", ... (which, because of the oneness-heart and universality of a spiritual Master, is also true). So also, as long as they
      are fueled by sincere aspiration, our own aspiration-hearts and dedication-lives are tiny inspiration-baits that may lead people to harmony and/or sincere seekers to the feet of their Guru (whoever One is his), just as the Life of the spiritual Master is a Compassion-
      Magnet unerribly drawing His disciples to the Golden Shore.

      "Impossibility-trees
      Do not grow
      In my God-surrender-heart-garden."
      - Sri Chinmoy

      (# 26915 from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 270 by Sri Chinmoy)
      [http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-aspiration-plants/part270/15.html%5d

      I never know the words, but I feel "really lucky" to share this lifetime with Guru and my fellow disciples and friends.

      A spiritual life, no matter what kind of beginner you are, is always all God's Grace.

      With gratitude to all,
      Israel

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > "I thought I loved You, my Lord.
      > But now that I am allowing myself
      > To see, I see that I am still running
      > Away from You.
      > I see that I am shyness incarnate.
      >
      > What kind of love is it, my Lord?
      > I see that I am still
      > Playing the old game of hiding.
      >
      > Like this bird -
      > Burying it's head in the ground,
      >
      > Like the fish in the glass-bowl
      > Swimming up and down
      > Pretending to be invisible.
      >
      > Like the child in the play-ground
      > Ignoring the Father Supreme
      > Watching over it.
      >
      > What kind of love is it, my Lord?
      > Please, tell me."
      >
      > "No my child,
      > Every day you are daring a new attempt
      > Of loving Me infinitely more than you
      > Love me now.
      > And something else:
      > My patience-Love-Light
      > Lasts for all Eternity."
      >
      > Doris

    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
        Dear Israel,

        This is so nicely said. It even seems to me Someone is speaking through your words - no flattery. Thank you very much.

        Allow me to write another poem that seems to go well with the one
        before:

        I stepped into a paddle - day-dreaming,
        And spilled some waters around.
        But instead of getting insulted by passers-by
        They handed me handkerchiefs
        To dry up my trousers.

        "My Lord,
        Do you want me to express my gratitude