A poem - another try!

  • chanakhya78
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2007
      Since the last time I tried it got all mashed up here it is again, as
      requested.

      I wrote this poem 4 years ago and yes Arpan it was for my mother.many
      have told me they appreciate it now. So I decided to share.

      I will never stop
      Missing you
      The hole in my heart
      Is deep

      Your memory
      Too strong
      To fade away
      It sometimes
      Makes me weep

      The spark
      Inside me quickens
      A moment in time
      Not lost

      The part of you
      Inside my heart
      Will never go away

      It comes to me
      When needed
      It comes to me
      With love
      It comes to me
      With comfort
      With arms
      Stretched from above

      I know you're
      Always with me
      Both
      In my life and death

      In every
      waking moment
      In every
      Single breath

      My life
      A shining beacon
      Spreads all
      Your light today
      To brighten
      Every corner
      And scare
      The darkness away

      My life
      Will still
      Go onward
      With every step
      And more
      The path
      That brings me
      Slowly
      To my golden shore.

      Chanakhya
    • sarah_inseattle
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        Dear Chanakhya,
        I am getting double the appreciation for this touching poem, now
        learning that you wrote it for your mother. As soon as I read of it,
        I immediately recalled two poems in your book, *Be Happy*, where you
        wrote of being happy and mothers. Please permit me to quote them
        here:

        Be happy
        Have fun
        A mother's work
        Is never done

        A mother's smile
        Will soothe your head
        A mother's kiss
        You're off to bed

        A mother's song
        To wake you up
        And lift you with
        A cheery cup.

        ***********

        Be happy
        Kiss your mum
        But don't look
        Directly at the sun

        Always take time
        To play and run
        Be happy
        Kiss your mum.

        ************

        Recalling these very sweet poems, it is easy to imagine you might
        write your mother such a deeply moving poem. That same poem now
        comforts us since Sri Chinmoy entered Mahasamadhi.

        All our gratitude,
        Sarah
        Seattle

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, chanakhya78
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Since the last time I tried it got all mashed up here it is again,
        as
        > requested.
        >
        > I wrote this poem 4 years ago and yes Arpan it was for my
        mother.many
        > have told me they appreciate it now. So I decided to share.
        >
        > I will never stop
        > Missing you
        > The hole in my heart
        > Is deep
        >
        > Your memory
        > Too strong
        > To fade away
        > It sometimes
        > Makes me weep
        >
        > The spark
        > Inside me quickens
        > A moment in time
        > Not lost
        >
        > The part of you
        > Inside my heart
        > Will never go away
        >
        > It comes to me
        > When needed
        > It comes to me
        > With love
        > It comes to me
        > With comfort
        > With arms
        > Stretched from above
        >
        > I know you're
        > Always with me
        > Both
        > In my life and death
        >
        > In every
        > waking moment
        > In every
        > Single breath
        >
        > My life
        > A shining beacon
        > Spreads all
        > Your light today
        > To brighten
        > Every corner
        > And scare
        > The darkness away
        >
        > My life
        > Will still
        > Go onward
        > With every step
        > And more
        > The path
        > That brings me
        > Slowly
        > To my golden shore.
        >

        > Chanakhya

      • assistantmummer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2007
          Dear Chanakhya,

          Thanks for reposting the poem. For some reason, I thought it would
          make a great gospel song. Are you familiar with gospel music? There's
          a gospel arrangement of the World Harmony Run Song here:

          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/c_/audio/radio/103/103-25-1.m4a

          Having sat in on a few informal poetry workshops, I couldn't help
          noticing that some parts of the poem were a little bit "Hallmarky"
          (like a Hallmark greeting card). But that's not necessarily a bad
          thing. The reason millions of such cards are sold is that they express
          warm human feelings in familiar language that everybody can relate to.
          That's what's good about the poem!

          I'm with you for the first four stanzas. The fifth is where my
          experience getting lambasted in poetry workshops starts to make me
          worry about the greeting card factor. But that's just me.

          Human experience is so varied. When I thought of the poem as lyrics to
          a gospel song, I liked it better. Many people with innocent,
          compassionate hearts will enjoy this poem, and that's as it should be.
          Keep posting!

          Michael