Dharmaja on Cheerfulness

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2007
      Dharmaja was so inspired by the response to his post the other day
      that he called to offer another message concerning cheerfulness. To
      understand the value of this message fully you should first read the
      other posts about and from Dharmaja in the last couple of days. They
      all have `Dharmaja' in the title.

      Personally I am also very grateful to those who write to him, send him
      cards and other messages which really lifts his spirits and makes him
      stronger even though he is doing a fantastic job staying cheerful and
      strong by himself most of the time. You can see that strength and
      positive attitude reflected in his following message:

      "Always think of the result of what you are doing. So it's like the
      law of karma: if you cherish a bad consciousness then it opens the
      door to having a bad consciousness in the future. But if you are
      cherishing a good consciousness, if you are cherishing a consciousness
      of cheerfulness, then that opens the door as well to an experience of
      cheerfulness in the future. It will be easier for you to be cheerful
      in the future if you are deliberately cheerful.
      And that is all. I thank you very much, bye bye."- Dharmaja

      Keep sending messages for Dharmaja if you are so inspired. If you wish
      to send by email then call me and I could give you more information
      about that and his phone number as well.

      Cheerfully,
      Arpan
    • sarah_inseattle
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2007
        Hi all,

        Last night I was at a new seeker's meditation class, taught by
        Daulot. After a nice meditation and some readings, Daulot
        unexpectedly asked whether anybody had any inspiring stories to tell.
        (Probably too quickly and loudly) I called out, "I do!" And I told
        the story of Dharmaja's Cheerfulness and his posts. *Everyone* was so
        inspired! It led to not only the sharing of other Cheerfulness
        stories but also to renewed resolve among us all to BE MORE CHEERFUL!
        It doesn't have to be so hard.

        In fact, I am telling stories of Dharmaja's cheerfulness to anyone
        who will listen! (And so far, everyone has...)

        Dharmaja, look how you are inspiring not only all of us, but even
        people you do not know!

        Gratefully and Cheerfully,
        Sarah
        Seattle
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
          Dear Arpan,

          Before sending some greeting cards and photos to Dharmaja by airmail,
          I am sending him the following joke my mother has just heard on a
          radio program this afternoon:

          In a coffee shop, two men who are good old friends are discussing:

          Friend A -Hi, how are you doing?
          Friend B -Great! My new business is running so well!
          Friend A -I´m so happy for you! You´re very lucky.
          Friend B -No doubt, I am! The business is so good that I´ve even got
          a private secretary.
          Friend A -Really?
          Friend B -From now on he is going to solve alllllll my problems.
          Friend A -How much are you going to pay him?
          Friend B -$20,000 per month.
          Friend A -That´s a lot of money! How are you going to afford that?!
          Friend B -Well ... this is his first problem to solve!

          With cheerful regards,
          Suchana

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo