Re: Oneness

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
      Suren,
      I liked your posting just as it is. No need to try and write anything
      that is not a natural expression of your true experiences and
      feelings. Not many will reply to our postings but many will read them
      nonetheless and get inspiration from them. I think your account name
      is catchy and creative. Keep it.
      Now that I am back 'in the saddle again' I too have been inspired to
      write and read more posts here as it does increase the feeling of
      family oneness. This is something that Guru really wanted and now I am
      sure moreso as you stated so clearly.
      We may not all like each others' posts but we can all find a few that
      really keep our spirits up in such a crucial adjustment period for all
      of us.

      I have been inspired to tell some old stories about experiences with
      Guru and it seems that some people here like that. I know there will
      soon be a website just for that. So as I keep writing about the 'old
      days' I am sure I can become reinspired and inspire others with all
      the loving experiences that Guru had offered us over the years.
      Hundreds and thousands of loving opportunities from a caring 'Father'
      for hundreds and thousands of his spiritual children.

      Thanks for coming back on here as many have been inspired to do.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Suren, I wish many more people would be sharing your opinion.
      >
      > Doris
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, icysuren
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Everyone.
      > >
      > > A lot has changed since Guru's return to His Eternal Abode. Without
      > > the physical presence of Guru, who constantly showered on us his
      > human
      > > kindness, sweetness and concern (because, let's face it, we're not
      > > quite ready for 24-hour spirituality), we are forced to look in
      > other
      > > directions for our human comfort and concern (the spiritual side is,
      > > naturally, still being taken care of by Guru, as many have already
      > > pointed out in this forum).
      > >
      > > How fortunate we are that Guru has perfectly prepared us for this
      > > moment, through his relentless teachings.
      > >
      > > One of the things we can look to now is oneness within our
      > community.
      > > This is something I felt stronger than ever before during the
      > > memorial week in New York. Everyone was showing so much compassion
      > > and concern.
      > >
      > > Will this continue, one may ask? Well, I guess it is up to us to
      > keep
      > > it up, but it will take some effort.
      > >
      > > In my own small way, I am trying to get more involved in the Centre
      > > activities and doing them more wholeheartedly. Actually, it is
      > quite
      > > a fulfilling experience, since all the members of my centre seem to
      > be
      > > of the same opinion.
      > >
      > > I would also like to nourish my oneness with my friends from all the
      > > different centres from around the world. I guess one way of doing
      > > this is writing in this forum.
      > >
      > > So, I've decided to post something after an absence of several
      > years.
      > > The only thing is: I haven't got the slightest clue what to write
      > > about. I guess this will have to do for now...
      > >
      > > Suren
      > > P.S. It is actually took quite a lot of time and effort to write
      > this
      > > letter. The long absence has made me rusty. And, anyway, I'm a
      > slow
      > > writer.
      > >
      > > P.P.S. I'm wondering if I should change my account name. Icysuren
      > > sounded funny when I created it several years ago, but I'm wondering
      > > if it's a bit inappropriate. What do you think?

    • rie_anke
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
        Thanks Suren for starting the topic "Oneness"

        Something that impressed me most during my stay in New York
        after the 11th October 07 was the love and oneness that was
        suddenly so powerful amongst the disciples and well wishers
        of Sri Chinmoy.

        Sharing the pain of losing our Guru, people were patting each
        others shoulders, hugging each other just to lessen the pain
        or reassuring the other person that we are sharing the loss.
        It was so impressive to experience it. People would help each
        other to their seats, make room for everyone, show their joy
        when a new face entered Aspiration Ground to join the
        "memorial".

        Also the atmosphere at Aspiration Ground was extremely,
        extremely unique. Especially during the days when we could
        still go and see Sri Chinmoy for a last darshan and people
        would stay in line waiting, praying. There was a peace and
        tranquillity, a sacredness I seldom experienced during the
        vivid functions we had with Guru. Nobody was talking,
        everybody tried to be in his highest consciousness, everybody
        was trying to have the best meditation he could have. It is a
        pity we could not easily create this atmosphere amongst us,
        when Guru was still in his body but it is a grace we can
        experience it now. I hope, we will remember it when we meet
        in the future. This atmosphere was so full of Sri Chinmoy's
        presence, spirit, light, love, oneness...

        I also liked the way I saw disciples associating with friends
        of Sri Chinmoy. It was a feeling of greeting some distant
        relatives we did not see for a long time. We could feel our
        common love for Guru - even so some people are no longer
        members of the centre they still love Sri Chinmoy. There was
        oneness, and it felt good for me as a disciple to know that
        there is a wide web of friends in the world, that may not be
        members of the centre but still value Sri Chinmoy and what he
        means to us and the world.

        Thank you to all friends who found their way to New York
        outwardly or inwardly to say good bye to Sri Chinmoy. I think
        it meant a lot to us disciples.

        Now Sri Chinmoy continues living also in each one of us who
        is meditating and trying to put his teachings into practice.

        Each brother and sister disciple is a part of Sri Chinmoy`s
        body - and we will now form the "outer body" of what is Sri
        Chinmoy`s spirit.

        I hope we will make our oneness stronger and stronger since
        this will help the future manifestation of our mission. And I
        personally are very grateful that I have a few thousand
        sister and brother disciples who share the same aspiration
        for realisation and manifestation and I hope we will inspire
        each other in millions of ways.

        Thanks to everyone who shares the oneness,

        in Guru`s ever living spirit

        Subarnamala
      • dmchaudhurani
        Message 3 of 13 , May 26, 2008
          Hello everyone,

          It's early hours of Tuesday 27th. I came onto the Internet to find out
          about coach tickets for a friend who may come and visit for a few days
          as it is our 'half term holiday.' But then of course I had to check
          out Inspiration site.
          I have spent over an hour just opening messages almost at random,
          copying and pasting them to a word file so I can read them tomorrow
          and catch up on all the news.

          It was hard to believe that I last posted over 2 weeks ago. I have
          been swamped with school work and also applying for jobs as I'm on a
          one year contract which ends in July. The application forms are about
          10 pages long and take hours to complete. I had two interviews so far
          and still wait to hear from the last school. They have to interview
          another candidate who couldn't attend on the official day - last
          Friday - before they can make a decision. Waiting to hear is a good
          lesson in surrender. Meanwhile I start looking for more jobs again.
          There is only a short 'window of opportunity' when jobs for September
          are advertised so I can't afford to relax.

          Despite all this , I did manage to get to Puroshottama's
          concert. What gave me most joy was that Shoib, my 'honorary grandson' from Birmingham (and the one who was in a bad car accident in February) did make the effort to come to London for the concert. I don't think he has ever been to a concert before so I wondered how he would react. We were sitting right at the top - on the seats that slope so steeply you could get vertigo. But he was absolutely absorbed and captivated by the music and by the whole atmosphere - as was the entire audience. There was an intense atmosphere of meditation and I think everyone felt that Guru was just there.

          I'll try to write more later, I'm too tired to do it justice now -
          but the whole experience of the concert and Puroshottama's visit was
          very, very inspiring. My favourite moment at the concert was the last
          song - I think it was in Sanskrit. I didn't 'understand' a word - but
          for me it was pure prayer.

          Well, I will stop now as it's late and I am very tired. There are many
          more things I want to share with you all but they will have to wait.
          Only I felt I must write now about the concert, to offer my gratitude
          to Puroshottama and to all in our Centre (and beyond) who organised
          the concert so well and made the whole event such a great success -
          thanks also to all who cooked the lovely food on Saturday, to those
          who brought special prasads and to all who helped then - and who work
          still all over the world, in all our centres, with big events like the
          concerts and Harmony Run, and in smaller ways - in so many unsung
          little ways - that contribute to the glory of oneness and love that
          are the heart-beat of our living Guru's Smile.

          With Gratitude

          Durga-Mata
        • cott_doris
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 8, 2008
            Many have said that they get joy from synchronisity, coincidences or
            oneness-coincidences as someone called it. Sri Chinmoy says
            (paraphrasing), as soon as we enter the spiritual life coincidences
            do not exist anymore. (unofficial) Whatever happens in our lives has a special
            purpose no matter how 'insignificant'. So, I love to call it oneness.
            On some inner plane all and everything is one. Nothing new for you I
            know.

            I too get joy when I can feel that my life is guided by a higher
            force. In previous years I mainly experienced coincidences in New
            York when I visited Sri Chinmoy. I think this is because in New York
            we have more time to aspire. There is no daily life with it's
            obstacles and so we are in a better consciousness when spending time
            with the Master who blesses us with all his light.

            But now I am happy that coincidences happen so often to me now and
            here in my daily life. In our centre in Zurich there is an older lady
            who is very supportive to me in different ways. Sadly recently she
            had to move. Luckily she gave me a lot of books written by Sri
            Chinmoy. Many of them are old books and German translations made by
            Kailash and Abarita.

            One of the books I read recently was Astrology, the Supernatural and
            the Beyond.

            It is a whole book of questions and answers what is always
            interesting to read. I found the book in English on Sri Chinmoy
            library:

            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/
            (thanks to the one who put it there -Priyadarshan?)

            One of the questions is:

            Question: Can you please explain what psychic power is and in what
            way it differs from spiritual power?

            Excerpt from Sri Chinmoy's answer: (unofficial)

            "[...]The manifestation of psychic power is a subtle, delicate, soft
            and lucid way of the divine manifestation in fairly advanced seekers."

            The whole answer you can read here:

            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0065/2/4

            We all know that there are students on Sri Chinmoy's path who have
            psychic capacities and that they are doing good things only to
            support Sri Chinmoy's message of divine love and oneness here on
            earth. I am very grateful to them.

            Doris
          • jodybol
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
              Heard a great story about oneness today.

              A girl goes into a dark forest. She is met there and looks peaceful so is asked - aren't you afraid to be in this deep dark forest by yourself.

              She says, " no, God is here with me"

              She is asked, "How do you know that God is here?"

              She replies, " Because I am here."