help

  • tannerd64
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 18, 2003
      Sri Chinmoy helps me
      everyday
      in my life-journey
    • angel27loving
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 27, 2004
        [From Julia]

        Hello to everybody! I am new here!

        My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live with my
        family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I have a problem
        - I am alone here, there are no disciples in Calgary, no center. I
        am trying to do my best anyway, but it is very hard: I am jumping
        from complete isolation from the world to complete openeness, trying
        to balance them both. I am 18. There is a center in Edmonton, but
        another problem occurs - I have no money to go there every week.

        I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know it. I
        am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the Russian
        center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme, that I feel
        you are with me, anyway.

        Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
        because of this pain...

        With love in Guru's heart
      • alex_syberia
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 27, 2004
          Hello Julia!

          My name is Alexandr (simple - Shurik), I am from Russia, Siberia.

          Your message has very strongly touched me. Very often we feel
          loneliness, even if around us are a lot of familiar relatives. Yet
          the power of Sri Chinmoy and the center to help is very great. What
          can I advise?

          I use audio and video recordings, video especially! Through it a
          great feeling of identification develops.

          You are not alone - your teacher is always everywhere with you and
          for you. Recently, he has said:

          "My prayer needs faith. Faith needs God, only God."

          If you cannot visit the center every week, come for the holidays -
          Joy Days. It will help you very much. You can also visit this forum,
          where there are about 15 new messages each day with great and joyful
          dialogue. And the main thing - never feel that you are lonely,
          never!

          Alexandr (Siberia).

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, angel27loving
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > [From Julia]
          >
          > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
          >
          > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live with my
          > family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I have a problem
          > - I am alone here, there are no disciples in Calgary, no center. I
          > am trying to do my best anyway, but it is very hard: I am jumping
          > from complete isolation from the world to complete openeness, trying
          > to balance them both. I am 18. There is a center in Edmonton, but
          > another problem occurs - I have no money to go there every week.
          >
          > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know it. I
          > am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the Russian
          > center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme, that I feel
          > you are with me, anyway.
          >
          > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
          > because of this pain...
          >
          > With love in Guru's heart
        • dharmaja
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 27, 2004
            Greetings, Julia.

            Welcome to the new world.

            As one contributor stated in an earlier post, "You are on your own,
            but you are not alone."

            Use your divine ingenuity to stay connected! This forum, for one,
            is a great place to keep aware of what is happening in the Centres.
            So you are doing the right thing by creating a presence for yourself
            here.

            Perhaps you can get a part-time job, which will help you to earn the
            necessary money to travel occasionally to the Edmonton Centre.

            You are not lost. You are found. You have physical and spiritual
            parents to lovingly help you in this life. May God bless you on
            your life-journey.

            Dharmaja
            San Diego, California, U.S.A.
            _____________________________________

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > [From Julia]
            >
            > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
            >
            > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live with
            > my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I have a
            > problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in Calgary, no
            > center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is very hard: I
            > am jumping from complete isolation from the world to complete
            > openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18. There is a center
            > in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I have no money to go
            > there every week.
            >
            > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know it.
            > I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the Russian
            > center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme, that I
            > feel you are with me, anyway.
            >
            > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
            > because of this pain...
            >
            > With love in Guru's heart
          • sundari_one
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 28, 2004
              Dear Julia:

              It is hard to be alone there without your Centre friends, but you
              have a very big family here at this Inspiration Site. You have
              brothers and sisters all over the world who care about you and would
              like to get to know you better. I'm sure you will get lots of
              inspiration from reading all the postings here, as well as Sri
              Chinmoy's own writings on

              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

              Sometimes changes happen and we don't know why, but it becomes clear
              later how they have benefitted us and the people around us. How long
              have you been a student of Sri Chinmoy, and why are you in Canada
              now?

              Please write again.

              –Sundari

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > [From Julia]
              >
              > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
              >
              > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live with my
              > family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I have a problem
              > - I am alone here, there are no disciples in Calgary, no center. I
              > am trying to do my best anyway, but it is very hard: I am jumping
              > from complete isolation from the world to complete openeness, trying
              > to balance them both. I am 18. There is a center in Edmonton, but
              > another problem occurs - I have no money to go there every week.
              >
              > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know it. I
              > am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the Russian
              > center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme, that I feel
              > you are with me, anyway.
              >
              > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
              > because of this pain...
              >
              > With love in Guru's heart
            • sarada1007
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 28, 2004
                Dear Julia,

                Welcome! What's happening? Tell us all about your new life in
                Calgary. Where IS Calgary even? I'm so ignorant, I can always use a
                free geography lesson. Sounds like it's on the sea.

                By the way, you are really not alone. You have many new friends
                thinking of you now, I'm sure.

                So, here is an aphorism to cheer you up.

                My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!
                If I can have God-closeness,
                God-faithfulness and God-devotedness,
                Then I have everything that I need.
                My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!

                We all look forward to hearing from you very soon.

                With love, Sarada

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > [From Julia]
                >
                > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
                >
                > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live with my
                > family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I have a problem
                > - I am alone here, there are no disciples in Calgary, no center. I
                > am trying to do my best anyway, but it is very hard: I am jumping
                > from complete isolation from the world to complete openeness, trying
                > to balance them both. I am 18. There is a center in Edmonton, but
                > another problem occurs - I have no money to go there every week.
                >
                > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know it. I
                > am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the Russian
                > center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme, that I feel
                > you are with me, anyway.
                >
                > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
                > because of this pain...
                >
                > With love in Guru's heart
              • angel27loving
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                  [From Julia]

                  Hi!

                  It was so wonderful to read all the replies I have recieved to my
                  "Help!" letter! It made me feel much better, realising that I am
                  really not as alone as my mind thinks.

                  Sri Chinmoy found me in Volgograd. It was like in a fairy-tale...
                  One day I have suddenly become vegetarian, another day I suddenly
                  began to run every morning. But then, I was told that there is a
                  vegetarian cafe "Oneness-Heart-Kingdom" and that it is very lovely,
                  so I have decided to take a closer look...

                  When I entered it I felt like I was in heaven! It was an
                  indescribable feeling: music, women in saris, beautiful atmosphere,
                  parrots, flowers, pictures, aroma of good food... It was 1.5 years
                  ago, in October 2002.

                  I saw a woman in a blue sari talking to another one at the table,
                  and felt that I knew her all my life; but whether it is true or not,
                  I decided to know her better. Then she stood up and began to walk
                  away; she passed the doors and walked down the hall (it is located
                  in the big cultural building). I ran after her, stopped her and
                  began to ask an enormous amount of questions... Her name is Evfalia.
                  She was the first one who told me about Sri Chinmoy and his Path. A
                  year after, in September 2003, I got a job at the cafe as a waitress
                  (even though I was not yet a student of Sri Chinmoy), and began to
                  explore spirituality.

                  In October I started to attend meditation classes for newcomers, and
                  on my 18th birthday in November was my 13th class! I filled out an
                  application to become Sri Chinmoy's student on that day! I was there
                  when all the disciples went in October to Macedonia, where the race
                  devoted to Mother Teresa was held. My application was given to
                  Lotika on Joy Days in Ukraine at the end of November, and she gave
                  it to Guru on the Christmas Trip.

                  My family and I left Volgograd on February 14th and we were in
                  Calgary (Alberta, Canada) on the 17th. After a month of living here
                  in Calgary, I was told that Guru had accepted me on February 13th!
                  So February 13th is my "soul's brithday," which I guess makes me
                  four and a half months old! :-)

                  Now I am here, with all of you (Thank You, Supreme!). I have two
                  jobs, but I have to help my parents to pay all the bills that come,
                  so right now it is kind of difficult to save something. I also have
                  applied to the University of Calgary for East Asian Studies, and in
                  a week I will be notified if I am accepted or not.

                  It is sad for me to be 'alone" here with no center and disciples,
                  but I am so happy that it is absolutely not true - because I have
                  all of you! Oh, My Supreme, for the first time in a long time after
                  leaving the Russian center I am feeling such fullness.

                  Does anybody know somebody from Volgograd (Evfalia, Alya, Lena
                  Sudarevskaya, Vlad ("Aspiration Flight")...?

                  Did anybody go to Macedonia?

                  Where can I find out about upcoming events in Canada?

                  Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no center or
                  disciples for a long time?

                  Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples anyway!

                  :-)))))))

                  Thank you,
                  with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)

                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Dear Julia,
                  >
                  > Welcome! What's happening? Tell us all about your new life in
                  > Calgary. Where IS Calgary even? I'm so ignorant, I can always use a
                  > free geography lesson. Sounds like it's on the sea.
                  >
                  > By the way, you are really not alone. You have many new friends
                  > thinking of you now, I'm sure.
                  >
                  > So, here is an aphorism to cheer you up.
                  >
                  > My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!
                  > If I can have God-closeness,
                  > God-faithfulness and God-devotedness,
                  > Then I have everything that I need.
                  > My Supreme, My Supreme, My Supreme!
                  >
                  > We all look forward to hearing from you very soon.
                  >
                  > With love, Sarada
                  >

                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, angel27loving
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > > [From Julia]
                  > >
                  > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
                  > >
                  > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
                  > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
                  > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
                  > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
                  > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
                  > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
                  > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
                  > > have no money to go there every week.
                  > >
                  > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
                  > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
                  > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
                  > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
                  > >
                  > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying
                  > > because of this pain...
                  > >
                  > > With love in Guru's heart
                • martanda_s
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                    A few years ago I lived alone in Bergen, a town on the west coast of
                    Norway. I stayed there for about 15 months. Twice a week I usually
                    dressed up and had "centre meditations." On these nights I felt a
                    special presence - I always had good meditations. The meditations
                    were more intense than the regular morning meditations. I think my
                    meditation teacher worked some magic on these nights. When I
                    meditate with others, I take the enhanced atmosphere for granted,
                    but meditating alone I was more sensitive to the magic.

                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > [From Julia]
                    > .....Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no
                    > center or disciples for a long time?
                    >
                    > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples anyway!
                    >
                    > :-)))))))
                    >
                    > Thank you,
                    > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)
                  • palyati_007
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                      Dear Julia,

                      Do not despair. Do not panic. You will be fine.

                      I have experience in being alone and far away from centre
                      activities. You are about 3 hours by car to the centre in Edmonton.
                      I live in Alaska, 3 hours by plane to the nearest centre in Seattle
                      and I've been on the path for 14 years. You can do this.

                      Now is the time to concentrate on your meditation and establishing
                      your inner oneness with your Guru. Read the books, phone the centre
                      in Edmonton, ask Srutika to phone you. Think of the Supreme in your
                      Guru instead of your situation. Consider that you are manifesting
                      God in how you interact with others. Take every opportunity for self
                      transformation. Always, always, keep the Supreme in your Guru in
                      your mind and heart. Work very hard at keeping the inner connection.
                      That's where progress is made.

                      Remember you are in the best of care in Guru's heart. Keep happy and
                      smiling. Perhaps one day you will have much greater opportunity to
                      join in centre activities.

                      Love,
                      Palyati

                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > > > [From Julia]
                      > > >
                      > > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
                      > > >
                      > > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
                      > > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
                      > > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
                      > > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
                      > > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
                      > > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
                      > > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
                      > > > have no money to go there every week.
                      > > >
                      > > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
                      > > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
                      > > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
                      > > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
                      > > >
                      > > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying

                    • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                        Priviet Yulia,

                        I am in a rush now, this e-mail is only to convey to you, that there
                        are more people who suddenly left a big centre and found themselves
                        in a place with not too many Sri Chinmoy students (at least there
                        are some here)... In October last year I left a centre of over a
                        hundred people and moved to a country where there are only two
                        ladies.

                        Anyway, Svetlana from Luxembourg is Russian - she is a heart of
                        compassion and service incarnate; thanks to her my move into this
                        new country was much, much easier.

                        The other day I spoke to her about you, and she would like to write
                        to you. Please send your address (not e-mail address, but postal
                        address) and fax number (if you have any) in a message marked "NOT
                        FOR POSTING." Send this to the Inspiration Group by going here:

                        Our Assistant Moderator will kindly forward it to me. I will pass it
                        on to Svetlana and she can contact you then.

                        And keep your chin up, the time will come when you will be
                        independent enough to buy yourself a ticket not to Edmonton, but to
                        NY itself!

                        Love,
                        Kamalika
                      • sarada1007
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                          Hello Yuliya (but you say your name like the English name 'Julia'?).
                          I am trying to spell it correctly, though. We English are notorious
                          for not trying to speak other languages, so this is my small
                          contribution. Hello Palyati, as well. You two have given me a fine
                          geography lesson. First I looked for Volgograd on the map and then
                          Calgary. And then I looked at Alaska, but I didn't know where
                          Palyati lived exactly.

                          Very good, I am nicely informed now.

                          Yuliya your story is quite amazing. Did I understand correctly, that
                          you became a vegetarian and started running before you even found
                          out about the Sri Chimmoy Centres? You have a very clever soul, a
                          little forceful maybe, but very insightful. To fill in your
                          application form on your 18th birthday, as well, that is really
                          something special.

                          I'm afraid I don't know anybody from Volgograd, and I suppose you
                          need to get in touch with the centres somehow, don't you? If you
                          have any old phone numbers from Russia, like the number of the
                          restaurant for example, you can call them. They will give you
                          information about the centres in Canada. We are quite a close-knit
                          community and usually everybody knows everybody else, or knows of
                          them at least.

                          Well, I hope that helps you a little bit. Palyati also gives some
                          very sound advice. The inner connection, if you can cultivate it, is
                          really the most important thing. A true teacher can feed the soul
                          from any distance.

                          Bye for now...
                          Sarada

                          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati_007

                        • heartflower27
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                            Hullo, Yuliya! Greetings from Melbourne, in The Land Down Under
                            (Australia). Thank-you for sharing with all of us your amazing and
                            inspiring life story. I came to Sri Chinmoy's path when I was 26
                            years old, so you are very fortunate that you found your Master so
                            early.

                            I am very happy that you have already received so many helpful,
                            caring responses from your sisters and brothers all over the world.
                            Also, I am very pleased that you now feel better.

                            There is an excerpt from the writings of Sri Chinmoy which I
                            received many years ago, so I do not know its precise origin. On
                            this printed sheet is also a very special picture of Sri Chinmoy,
                            taken when he was in an extremely high consciousness.

                            Since I was unable to get in to do a search at

                            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

                            I will now type up this message for you. I hope it will help you
                            greatly. I have this message mounted in a little perspex frame above
                            one of my desks at home, so that I can be reminded of it very often.

                            "Whether you are meditating
                            In your Master's physical presence
                            Or somewhere else is unimportant.
                            No matter where you are,
                            If you think of your Master
                            And meditate soulfully,
                            You are bound to get his inner guidance.
                            And this inner guidance,
                            Which is his inner oneness with you,
                            Will last forever and forever."

                            -- Sri Chinmoy

                            With kindest best wishes for you,

                            Prashphutita

                            PS Please keep posting messages for us; we all love to read them!

                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > > > [From Julia]
                            > > >
                            > > > Hello to everybody! I am new here!
                            > > >
                            > > > My name is Julia and I am from Russia, Volgograd. Now I live
                            > > > with my family in Calgary, Canada. I am a new disciple, but I
                            > > > have a problem - I am alone here, there are no disciples in
                            > > > Calgary, no center. I am trying to do my best anyway, but it is
                            > > > very hard: I am jumping from complete isolation from the world
                            > > > to complete openeness, trying to balance them both. I am 18.
                            > > > There is a center in Edmonton, but another problem occurs - I
                            > > > have no money to go there every week.
                            > > >
                            > > > I am completely lost and you are the only people who will know
                            > > > it. I am missing Russian disciples so much, I am missing the
                            > > > Russian center, I am missing Sri Chinmoy... Thank you, Supreme,
                            > > > that I feel you are with me, anyway.
                            > > >
                            > > > Please, help me. Sometimes I feel that my inner child is crying

                          • palyati_007
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 3, 2004
                              Hi Sarada,

                              I live in Anchorage, Alaska.

                              Palyati

                              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                              > > > am accepted or not.
                              > > >
                              > > > It is sad for me to be 'alone" here with no center and
                              > > > disciples, but I am so happy that it is absolutely not true -
                              > > > because I have all of you! Oh, My Supreme, for the first time
                              > > > in a long time after leaving the Russian center I am feeling
                              > > > such fullness.
                              > > >
                              > > > Does anybody know somebody from Volgograd (Evfalia, Alya, Lena
                              > > > Sudarevskaya, Vlad ("Aspiration Flight")...?
                              > > >
                              > > > Did anybody go to Macedonia?
                              > > >
                              > > > Where can I find out about upcoming events in Canada?
                              > > >
                              > > > Did anybody have an experience of being somewhere with no
                              > > > center or disciples for a long time?
                              > > >
                              > > > Oh My Lord, I thank you so much that I am among disciples
                              > > > anyway!
                              > > >
                              > > > :-)))))))
                              > > >
                              > > > Thank you,
                              > > > with love and flowers in Guru's heart, Julia (Yuliya)

                            • anubha2708
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 30, 2005
                                Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre (I wish I
                                could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing something
                                that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.

                                They were commenting on a eastern belief that went something like
                                this:
                                "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we can make
                                progress on earth,
                                An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
                                And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar to
                                guide and carry you along the Way."

                                Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago flicking
                                through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I saw the
                                actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it should be
                                called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
                                discovery at the time.

                                Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that might
                                know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
                                perhaps somewhere else?

                                Love and gratitude
                                Anubha, Australia :-)
                              • beverly_canada
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 1 4:24 PM
                                  Dear Anubha

                                  The line

                                  "To have an Avatar as one's Guru is to have the greatest
                                  blessing that man can ever have."

                                  appears in "The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi" by
                                  Sri Chinmoy.

                                  The text in its entirety can be found at can be found

                                  http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/summits-god-life/84.html

                                  (One who wonders if she can ever be grateful enough) Beverly
                                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
                                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre
                                  (I wish I
                                  > could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing
                                  something
                                  > that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.
                                  >
                                  > They were commenting on a eastern belief that went
                                  something like
                                  > this:
                                  > "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we
                                  can make
                                  > progress on earth,
                                  > An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
                                  > And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar
                                  > guide and carry you along the Way."
                                  >
                                  > Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago
                                  flicking
                                  > through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I
                                  saw the
                                  > actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it
                                  should be
                                  > called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
                                  > discovery at the time.
                                  >
                                  > Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that
                                  might
                                  > know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
                                  > perhaps somewhere else?
                                  >
                                  > Love and gratitude
                                  > Anubha, Australia :-)
                                • durba_l
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 3 9:10 PM
                                    When I first started attending classes, I remembered at one
                                    time I was habouring doubts about the relevance of having a
                                    spiritual teacher in my life and the authenticity of what
                                    people said about Sri Chinmoy.

                                    I was born a Buddhist and even though I did not have any
                                    Buddhist religious upbringing, I have a very strong love for
                                    the Buddha. Once as a child, my mother took us to see a movie
                                    about the life of the Buddha. The Buddha in the movie
                                    captured my little heart and since then I always cherished
                                    the idea that to be able to sit at the Buddha's feet is the
                                    greatest blessing.

                                    Hence, at this stage when I was poised on whether to become a
                                    student of Sri Chinmoy, something in me came to the fore to
                                    counter my initial doubt, "What if the Buddha is alive now
                                    and people told you about him but you didn't believe them ?"
                                    The thought of missing out the chance to see the Buddha was
                                    unbearable, I had to see for myself, so I ask to be a student
                                    of Sri Chinmoy. The rest was history ...

                                    I found my sentiment echoed many years later in this
                                    particular utterances of Sister Christine with regards to her
                                    Guru, Swami Vivekananda, "Blessed is the country in which he
                                    was born, blessed are they who lived on this earth at the
                                    same time, and blessed, thrice blessed are the few who sat at
                                    his feet..."

                                    Sister Christine was one of the closest disciples of Swami
                                    Vivekananda. Against all odds and in extremely trying
                                    circumstances, she did Swami Vivekananda's work in India by
                                    teaching to the women of India and helping them in as many
                                    ways as she could. She is remembered as a woman of great
                                    spiritual accomplishment and bravery.

                                    I feel very very blessed, indeedÂ…