For Mother Earth

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2007
      Dear Mother Earth,

      You are a tiny dot inside the heart so says the Avatar.
      You are a fast field in the heart so says man.
      You are beauty, purity and humility in boundless measure so says the
      Avatar.
      You are a treasuer-box to be robbed and You may not mind about it so
      says man.
      We have never seen Your real Face
      As we have never seen Your real Smile.
      Your Beauty and your Power we can see
      In the tiny flower that blossoms between stones.
      As we can see it in your thunderstorm.
      Mother, we are your children, so says the Avatar.
      Mother, we promise,
      At the end no matter how many years it may take,
      We will garland You and crown You.
      And with golden letters we will write into the sky:
      You Are the Kingdom of Heaven.
      Who will bring about this reality?
      The Love of the Avatar
      Who sees You as a tiny dot inside His Heart.

      Doris
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
        Dear Doris,

        I love very much your poem! It sounds simple and soulful.
        It will be such a new inspiration to disciples here when they get a
        copy of ´Dear Mother Earth´ at our 25th Anniversary next week end.

        Grateful,
        Suchana
      • cott_doris
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 28, 2007
          Dear Suchana,

          This is the only way I can write. That you like it gives me joy. I
          wish you a happy anniversary celebration. My absolute favourite poem
          by Guru goes as follows.

          "From sunrise to sunrise
          I have only one prayer,
          Your Supreme Victory
          Here on earth."

          -Sri Chinmoy

          [unofficial]
        • beverly_canada
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            In the book "Conversations with Sri Chinmoy", pages 85 and 86, there
            is passage which I hope will bring joy to a Centre's 25th Anniversary
            Celebration in Argentina and inspire others to remain adamant in their
            efforts to offer something good to the world.

            "Everything has its own time, but for our part we should not give up.
            ... Who knows at what point these new little Centres will be able to
            run fast? We need only one solid person in each Centre. If one
            person is self-giving and dynamic, then the Centre can remain strong,
            very strong."

            "...For years and years she [an unnamed Argentinian student of Sri
            Chinmoy - B.] has maintained her eagerness to manifest [God's]
            light. ... she has never given up, never given up."

            Sri Chinmoy, Guatemala, 2005

            In oneness, Beverly

            [A technical note:

            If you are replying to a message, please do not change the subject line since it may create technical issues.

            If you wish to change the subject line, the best way is to create
            a new thread, posting a new message all together. Thank you.]
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
              Beverly, the mind wants to give up, but the heart, never!

              Here is a question posed to Sri Chinmoy, and his answer (unofficial)
              from the book Promised Light of the Beyond:

              Question: In trying to meditate and lead the spiritual life, I am
              beset by difficulties and discouragement. What should I do?

              Answer: While you are following the spiritual life, if you are
              attacked by undivine, hostile forces or if you feel that your
              aspiration is not as it should be, never give up your spiritual life.
              Every day you cannot eat the most delicious food, but still you eat
              every day. You eat every day, whether the food is good or bad, in
              order to keep your body fit so you can go to work, go to school and do
              normal activities. In the spiritual life, when we meditate what do we
              actually do? We feed the soul, our inner being. Now, if we cannot feed
              the soul most delightfully every day, we must not give up trying. It
              is better to feed the soul something than to allow it to starve. So
              never give up; always try to meditate.

              The road to God-realisation is long. Sometimes while walking along the
              road you will see beautiful trees with flowers, foliage, fruits.
              Again, sometimes you will see that there is only a road, and there are
              no trees on either side. Sometimes you may feel that you are on an
              endless road through a barren desert, and that the goal is still
              impossibly far away. But do not give up walking just because the
              distance seems far. In order to realise God you have to be a divine
              soldier and march on bravely and untiringly.

              The seeker of the infinite Truth must have the patience of a farmer. A
              farmer ploughs the field and cultivates; then he has to wait for God
              to give the rain which will enable the seed to germinate and start to
              grow into a tiny plant. In the spiritual life also, our personal
              effort and God's Grace are both needed. We have to practise
              meditation, but we have to feel the necessity of God's Grace, like
              rain. When God's Grace descends and our human effort ascends, there
              comes a time when we can meditate at our sweet will. Advanced
              spiritual seekers can meditate at any moment, at any time, at any place.

              First try to meditate with your own individual effort and God's Grace.
              If you are attacked by undivine forces and you cannot meditate, then
              offer your present achievement soulfully and devotedly at the Feet of
              the Supreme. Say to Him, "This is what I have now. I have become a
              victim to these forces. These are my possessions right now, unwanted
              possessions, and I am offering them to You. I place them at Your
              Feet." If you can offer your existence to the Supreme in that way at
              all times, then you will see that your daily meditation will become
              most fruitful.
              -Sri Chinmoy

              Kamalakanta

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
                Dear Doris,

                Thank you for your kind greetings and Guru´s poem.

                We had a happiest and soulful anniversary celebration last
                weekend. I also picked up the ´Avatar´ word from your poem
                and shared some more poems I received from our Puerto Rican´s
                performers in August Celebrations.

                I was so happy to learn more about Avatars for the first time
                in such short poems. This is our Guru´s unique talent -
                highest realms coming easily down to our eyes and hearts.

                You may like to know them. Here they are:

                An Avatar is he
                To whom God Himself tells
                The world-illumining secrets.

                An Avatar is he
                Who receives from God Himself
                God´s own Dreams
                For God´s full manifestation
                Here on earth.

                An Avatar is he
                Who gladly stoops beneath
                The weight of world-sorrows.

                An Avatar is he
                Who lovingly and faithfully
                Brings the longing of man
                To the Absolute Supreme.

                Every Avatar
                Is a new
                God-Arrival-announcer.

                by Sri Chinmoy
                (unofficial)
                [some of this poems are available from
                http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com]

                Happy Days!
                Suchana
              • cott_doris
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Dear Suchana,

                  I am sure you had a wonderful time celebrating your 25th anniversary.

                  My gratitude to Guru increases and increases when reading these
                  poems. 'Undeserved' I am benefitting from these highest realms in
                  infinitisimal measure yet enough to feel there is a God in this world
                  that cares for all of us not only in Heaven but also here on Earth.

                  Doris
                • beverly_canada
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Thank-you, Kamalakanta. The kindness was unexpected and brought tears
                    to my eyes. Not incidentally, your poems may come far apart but are
                    well worth the wait.

                    Your message brought me another gift - the book which introduced me to
                    Sri Chinmoy's path was called "Light of the Beyond". It is no longer
                    available at the library from which I originally borrowed it. Now I
                    know of a title I can seek through the book club.

                    Beverly