More About the World's Biggest Pencil

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
      Hi everybody,
      May I draw your attention to a comprehensive and informative article
      on the Sri Chinmoy News Blog about the Guinness record-breaking pencil
      that was a highlight of this August's Sri Chinmoy Birthday
      Celebrations held in New York. It can be read at:
      http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/news/ashrita-furman-guinness-world-record-breaker/worlds-largest-pencil-unveiled-in-new-york/

      To give some additional visuals, I have posted an album of photos
      of the pencil I took that day on my Sri Chinmoy Centre photo gallery
      album site at:
      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/biggestpencil/

      I really enjoyed being there the day the pencil was completed and
      airlifted by crane. It stands "tall" as one of my favorite records
      performed by Ashrita and friends during our traditional Celebrations
      gathering of centres from around the world. I hope the article and
      photos offer a window into its impressiveness for those who missed out
      on sharing in it "live".

      Sharani
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2007
        It is indeed very impressive, Sharani. According to me it looks
        absolutely like a bird. Thank you for the wonderful photos.