Re: Bad luck

  • johnji_nz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007
      If it makes you feel better Doris, I parked my car, more than a month
      past it's due every 3 months registration "fee" (really extortion) on
      a street near the Centre the other day, stayed longer than I intended,
      got quite a strong inner feeling to go and move it, delayed by 15
      minutes, then discovered a $200 fine just awarded for being without
      said registration.

      Incidentally, I found the parking warden's car parked just down the
      road without a valid parking ticket, and resisted the temptation to
      call a tow truck to get them towed—probably would not be very
      spiritual of me.

      Maybe I should go back to cycling...

      John-Paul
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
        Of course I don't feel better. But shared bad luck makes it easier to
        digest it. Your fine is so much higher. Maybe I would have left a note
        on the warden's car reminding them on what expensive ground they
        are parking.