Bad luck

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
      I bought a monthly season ticket and forgot my purse at home. Now, I
      have to pay the same amount as I payed for the ticket. The worse thing
      is I found the purse in the case when I arrived at home.

      It took me a while to accept the fact. Why do these thins happen? GOD
      LOVES US!

      Paraphrasing from a book by Sri Chinmoy I read recently...After success
      comes newness, after progress comes satisfaction.

      "God loves us
      Even after we failed Him.
      We need God
      Even after we have realised Him."

      -Sri Chinmoy
      (unofficial)
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007
        This was very good English! Sorry ;-)

        Just for the sake of being more precise...

        I bought a monthly season ticket and put it into my purse and put
        that into my suitcase that I was supposed to take with me. When I was
        asked to show my ticket when sitting in the tram I didn't find it and
        had to pay a fine. At home I looked again and it was there inside the
        case that I had been carrying with me in the tram.

        Doris
      • johnji_nz
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007
          If it makes you feel better Doris, I parked my car, more than a month
          past it's due every 3 months registration "fee" (really extortion) on
          a street near the Centre the other day, stayed longer than I intended,
          got quite a strong inner feeling to go and move it, delayed by 15
          minutes, then discovered a $200 fine just awarded for being without
          said registration.

          Incidentally, I found the parking warden's car parked just down the
          road without a valid parking ticket, and resisted the temptation to
          call a tow truck to get them towed—probably would not be very
          spiritual of me.

          Maybe I should go back to cycling...

          John-Paul
        • cott_doris
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
            Of course I don't feel better. But shared bad luck makes it easier to
            digest it. Your fine is so much higher. Maybe I would have left a note
            on the warden's car reminding them on what expensive ground they
            are parking.