A perenial message

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      In the book I have been reading, the Dalai Lama writes about being
      wisely selfish - being altruistic, as a way to happiness.

      "My earnest request is that you practice loving kindness whether you
      believe in a religion of not." - His Holiness the Dalai Lama
      Excerpt from "How to Practice - The Way to a Meaningful LIfe" by His
      Holiness the Dalai Lama.

      "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - the Christ

      "If we can offer happiness to someone lovingly and sincerely, then
      that person will have only goodwill toward us. So from happiness we
      get peace, and from peace we get happiness. The two are inseparable."
      Sri Chinmoy
      From the preface to "Wings of Joy" by Sri Chinmoy.

      A painting by Norman Rockwell entitled "Do unto others":
      http://psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html