OT: I have a new blog

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi everybody,
      I set up a new blog this weekend and invite you to view it at:
      http://www.sharani.org

      It is brand new and only has one post but I had fun including some
      features like a sidebar display of photos I loaded into Flickr and a
      Twitter feed (140 characters long - what are you doing now?) and a
      Library Thing widget that displays random books from my personal
      library cataloged by adding them into a personal library on their
      website. I would like to figure out a way to do something similar with
      books I'm currently reading on loan from a library but do not own but
      haven't figured that one out yet.

      You will also see in my blogroll (list of recommended blogs) a handy
      listing of many other Sri Chinmoy centre members who have websites
      using blogging software external to the Sri Chinmoy Centre family of
      websites. I suppose the philosophy is "the more the merrier" although
      I haven't precisely heard the particulars articulated behind this new
      recommended trend within the centre.

      I hope you enjoy my nascent virtual offering.
      Sharani
    • johnji_nz
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Great stuff Sharani!

        Somebody has been putting the hours in at the technical wizardry
        coalface :-)

        John-Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          Dear Sharani, the more the merrier is definitely the way to go!

          Every individual is like a flower, and the Sri Chinmoy Centre is
          definitely a Heart-Garden. Each flower gives us joy, with its beauty,
          purity and fragrance.

          Having just passed the 20th Century, which I call the century of
          negation, with its emphasis on materialism and the systematic negation
          of spiritual values, it is indeed refreshing to see the contributions,
          in different fields, of a vast array of Truth-seekers and God-lovers
          who genuinely love humanity.

          Inspired by Sri Chinmoy's example, these seekers are active in
          edifying and uplifting activities, such as art, music, literature,
          sport and dedicated service to others in these and other fields.

          Yes, this past 20th Century brought us many advances, but at the same
          time an undercurrent of negation, leading, on a personal level, to
          depression and other mental illnesses that have been so common in the
          last 100 years.

          It is indeed a great joy to see that the affirmation of human and
          divine values, of unifying and elevating elements, is alive and well
          in the heart of humanity.

          People like yourself, who have both a great appreciation for the fine
          arts, as well as the talent to express higher feelings and
          experiences, are invaluable to humanity.

          Artists, poets, musicians, athletes....they all point out and manifest
          the highest potential that we all have inside. Those blessed with more
          talent have the divine duty to express their art, so that others may
          be inspired.

          So yes, Sharani, the more the merrier, a beautiiful garden with many
          different kinds of flowers, different colors, textures, perfumes...a
          veritable universe of Truth-seekers and God-lovers is what we need, so
          that each human being may be inspired to go within, to go higher
          within, and discover the Universal Truth that lies, sometimes dormant,
          in the heart of every human being.

          In oneness,

          Kamalakanta
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
            thanks Kamalakanta and John for the nods of encouragement.
            Kamalakanta, your comments on closing the door on the 20th century
            made me think of Sri Chinmoy's book of aphorisms about the 21st
            century called "The New Millennium."
            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/new-millennium

            This book is brimming with hope for a new tenor in the 21st century.
            Here is one selection:

            EACH blossoming century
            Begins with a new Hope
            From God's Heart
            And a new Promise
            From God's Eye.
            -Sri Chinmoy

            Did you by chance ever do a musical arrangement to any of the songs
            Sri Chinmoy composed for the new millennium as well?

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
              Hi, Sharani!

              No, I have not arranged any of these songs. I will take a look at them
              today...

              Kamalakanta