Your heart will succeed

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
      THE BUDDHA'S PROBLEMS

      Lord Buddha,
      Your first problem was suffering.
      Your second problem was desire.
      Your third problem was ignorance.
      Your fourth problem was the absence of inner light.
      All your problems
      You solved
      Eternally for yourself.
      And now the Heart that
      You left behind on earth
      Is trying and crying,
      Crying and trying
      To solve the same
      Giant problems.
      As you succeeded,
      So also your Heart
      Will succeed,
      Without fail.

      Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-dance-life/part18/1.html

      I have been reading from a book called "How to Practice - The Way to a
      Meaningful Life" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, translated and edited
      by Jeffrey Hopkins, Ph. D.

      In it, the Dalai Lama relates his own difficulties and how the
      teachings and examples of others have helped him.

      The Dalai Lama is the head of Tibetan Buddhism, to my understanding,
      something like the Pope is the head of the Church to Catholic
      Christians. Yet he, like Sri Chinmoy, shares his humanness.

      Humility, courage, honesty.

      The Dalai Lama wrote that he was feeling sad about the situation of
      Tibet, but then remembered a prayer and "the whole feeling of burden
      immediately cleared away, much like heavy clothes being lifted off
      me." (From page 82 of the above mentioned book).

      The prayer:

      As long as the sky exists
      And as long as there are sentient beings,
      May I remain to help
      Relieve them of all their pain.

      Shantideva
    • sandin_linz
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2007
        Hello,

        We have a new Gandharva Loka Store in Linz,Austria.
        Great Musician´s are invited to come and play.
        If you need a instrument, you are welcome.

        I am very very happy that we have 3 divine enterprises in Linz.
        2 Madal Bal Store´s and 1 Gandharva Loka.

        For inspiration check out http://www.gandharvaloka.com

        See you!

        Sandin the Sitar Player