Questions and Answers

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2007
      To practise meditation is to enter a very fast field of spiritual
      opportunities.

      I am glad I find guidance through my spiritual teacher Sri Chinmoy who
      has written thousands of books, who composed thousands of songs,
      inspires the art world through millions of soul-bird drawings and
      hundreds of Jharna Kala paintings, and the sport world through
      multifarious activities such as running, playing tennis, lifting heavy
      weights and others.

      Yet I sometimes find myself puzzled about what might be my personal way
      of spiritual life may look like. What is meant for me to become
      inwardly and outwardly in this world?

      A spiritual master is teaching in silence and he teaches each and every
      person individually. The better you can empty your mind from thoughts -
      good or bad - the better you can receive inner messages that enables
      you to be happy and feel you are doing or saying the right things.

      Now, this is a process, one cannot (unfortunately) achieve peace of
      mind overnight. It needs practice and patience.

      To my great joy there are also books available in which one can find
      questions and answers (some of them are to be found at
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/)that older students asked the master
      at certain gatherings such as the christmas trip.

      I am reading these books with great interest and gratitude because I
      find answers to questions that I have never asked myself or I have
      asked myself but didn't find an answer to. I feel it is like a
      shortcut. I can benefit from the experience of others.

      And while reading I feel like being right there at some of the
      christmas trips I have attended so far. I can hear clearly my masters
      voice and can imagine the room where we were gathered together.

      To remember times I have spent in the physical presence of my master
      brings back all the sweet memories of soulful activities that fill my
      heart with new joy and gratitude.

      It is hard to choose one particular question as an inspiring example
      for you to post here since each and every question is interesting and
      the answer to it often goes far beyond it.

      What I like most is when after I have read some questions and answers
      sometimes the point I get a little later. When thinking the answers
      over I suddenly get a strong feeling that a certain answer was meant
      for me, had to do with my own life. The word 'magical' comes to my
      mind. I don't find a better word for what I want to say.

      Today I read one question about the spiritual meaning of the wind. Sri
      Chinmoy gave such an eloquent and sweet answer to the question that I
      would like to post it here - but not today.

      Maybe tomorrow.