Inner and outer self-transcendece

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2007
      To celebrate Sri Chinmoy's birthday, his students gather from all over
      the world. Many take part in the Self-Transcendence Marathon at
      Rockland Lake, one hour outside of New York. The race is happening
      tomorrow (as I write). There is a nice picture of the start of a
      previous year's race with an inlay of Sri Chinmoy's smiling face at:

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/us/races/marathon

      From the book "Conversations with Sri Chinmoy", page 131:

      "Interviewer: Your races are famous all over the World.

      Sri Chinmoy: I encourage the inner running and the outer running.
      They must go together. When you have a good thought, a good inner
      feeling, that feeling is your inner running. Then, when you express
      that feeling outwardly, that is your outer running. The outer running
      always starts from deep within."

      Happy running to all!

      Beverly