Our progress-speed... (aphorism by Sri Chinmoy)

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2007
      Our progress-speed
      Is in God's Hand
      And never in
      Our own hands.

      Sri Chinmoy

      [unofficial]
      No. 16 from "My Christmas-New Year Vacation-Aspiration-Plants".
    • apaga
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2007
        [Dear Apaga,
        please make sure to follow the safety guidelines
        appended at the end of your post.
        Thank you]

        Hi Everybody!

        I have just had a look at the online sports pages of our national tv ORF (Austrian) and
        there I found a whole article about the race and Smarana placing fourth and transcending
        himself(since he is Austrian)!!

        At the end of the article they have even established a link to the Sri Chinmoy Marathon
        Team, which they mention along with the fact that the 3100 Miles Race is the longest
        certified race in the world.

        They also mention the winner, their times and everything!!

        Unfortunately it is in German, but those of you who do understand this language, are
        welcome to have a look at it at: www.orf.at

        I thought I just share this with you!

        Apaga

        [Dear Apaga,
        For your online safety, please make sure to follow the instructions below.

        1) Hide Your Email Address

        Please set your member preferences
        so that your email address will not be visible.

        - First click on this link:
        If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

        - Check the box where it says:
        "Hide my email and IP address from the group moderators"

        - Under "Message Delivery", select:
        "Web Only. Read messages only on the web"

        - Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes").

        Now when you post, your email address will not be visible anymore to anybody.

        2) Turn Off Invitations
        - First click on this link:
        If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

        Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email
        addresses will appear.

        - To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in
        blue. Click on it.

        Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:
        Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
        Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.

        - By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
        - Click the Save Changes button.
        - Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.

        Thank you
        Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]