Frisbee Inspiration

  • mpalit
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2007
      For all Frisbee lovers, here is some trivia that I came across recently.

      * The name Frisbee pays homage to the Frisbee Baking Company whose
      pie-tins were tossed around by college students in the 1920s.

      * Toy company Wham-O first manufactured the Frisbee flying disc in
      1957.

      * Ultimate Frisbee, which combines rules from soccer & football, was
      invented in 1968 by high school students in Maplewood, NJ. Now hundreds
      of thousands of people play the sport in more than 42 countries

      * In 2002 in California, Christian Sandstrom, a Swede, threw a disc
      about 820 feet or a little longer than two football fields to set the
      record for the world's longest throw.

      Mahatapa