The wall - episode II

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      About two weeks later the evening the tide is high, but the zipper on
      my wet suit breaks. I postpone my attempt.

      Next night the tide is high again. Delay is not in the cards. Broken
      wet suit zipper or not, the opportune tide will not wait. I borrow a
      wet suit from my husband, too loose by itself, but a buffer over my
      own suit.

      Before going to the water I meditate. A childlike confidence comes.
      At the wall I put my foot into the space with the missing rock and,
      with enthusiastic assuredness, step up. And stand. The quiet support
      of my husbands presence is there. There is a keen commentator who is
      videoing my attempt. He has told me that if I fail, the news will be
      all over the school on Monday. With happy bouyancy brought by the
      meditation, I walk forward along the wall top, get to the end!!! -
      and - JUMP!

      I swim to shore and climb up again. Again I reach the end without
      falling and jump off. My swim cap comes off in the process and I swim
      back out to get it. The third time I step quickly to the end of the
      wall and without consciously making the decision, find myself diving
      instead of jumping. My shoulder is fine.

      Beverly