Aphorisms for Health Challenges

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
      For Doris and others of us who may struggle with health challenges...

      I have been collecting aphorisms which encourage, comfort, inspire
      and touch me in times of physical health challenges. Here are a few I
      started with. They are all "Service-Trees" as numbered*.

      With love, compassion, and empathy,
      Sarah
      Seattle

      35,026

      Faith
      Secretly endures.
      Faith
      Openly cures.

      35,105

      If I am only for God
      Then I must realise
      That God knows perfectly well
      What He is doing
      In and through me.

      35,180

      God does not command.
      God does not demand.
      He just begs me to give Him
      The full responsibility for my life.

      35,186

      My entire being feels
      That there can be
      No better time than now
      To please my Lord in His own Way.

      35,270

      Every time I sing
      The songs of hope
      I immediately make
      Tremendous progress.

      35,296

      Be absolutely brave!
      Do not be afraid
      Of life's endless twists and turns.

      35,382

      Slowly and steadily
      Faith creates beauty.

      35,526

      My heart's hope-day
      Knows no evening.

      35,634

      I get tremendous joy
      No matter what decision God makes
      With regard to my life.

      35,768

      Watch the beauty of God.
      Listen to His Commands.
      Feel His Concern for you---
      Do not try to understand!

      35,844

      No fear have I,
      For I feel my Lord's Presence
      In the depths of my heart.

      35,989

      My Lord says to me
      Only one thing:
      "Remember why
      You came into the world,
      Why!"

      These quotes are unofficial. They are taken from various
      volumes of *Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees by Sri Chinmoy.
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
        Wow!! The first I like best.

        I am happily announcing my reply to you Sarah is the first in sitting
        position.

        It was the time worth. I am kind of sure I am not the person I was 3
        month ago.

        Doris :-)
      • Claire
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
          [Dear Claire,
          please make sure to follow the safety guidelines
          appended at the end of your post.
          Thank you]

          Hello, everyone. Thank you so much, Ahelee, Sharani,
          Doris & Sarah, for your stories & kind words. The
          links to Dharmaja's posts were wonderful. Reading his
          writing was like getting an e-mail from him, something
          I miss very much. We have been friends for over 10
          years; in fact he was one of the first friends I made
          when I moved to CA form the East Coast. Over the
          years I have learned a great deal about Sri Chinmoy
          and the way of life led by his students, yet I never
          felt called to join them. I myself am a very
          spiritual person, and my ways are in line with yours,
          but not exactly the same. Thus it was with some
          timidity that I joined this list, but I did so after
          finding it through searching the internet for traces
          of Dharmaja, after he became ill. When I first
          discovered he was ill, his condition was very grave,
          and in my shock & grief I turned to this site as a
          small link to him, and it has been a source of comfort
          and contact for me over these months.

          You have been so welcoming & kind that perhaps I will
          not be so shy anymore! I apologize it has taken so
          long to respond, but I have kept your messages in my
          mind and heart. I have so little time to spend on
          e-mail each day, I have been waiting for a chance to
          compose a nice response & not a hurried one. I wrote
          a letter to Dharmaja and told him how kind everyone
          was on the list & that they missed his posts; he will
          be glad to hear it, I am sure. I’m glad he’s
          spreading light at the hospital. When I visited the
          other hospital in December it was difficult to explain
          the type of person he is to the staff; I got the
          feeling they didn’t come across folks like him very
          often. I so wanted them to understand who he was, and
          not just be an anonymous speechless terminal case to
          them. It is so much better now that he can speak and
          be himself again.

          Sarah, I was at that same concert in San Francisco
          where you saw Dharmaja and his parents! Isn’t that
          neat?!

          Well, thank you very much again for the links and
          posts and I will try searching the archives for his
          other posts.

          Namaste, my Friends

          -Tristesse
          Sacramento, CA

          [Dear Claire,

          For your online safety, please make sure to follow the instructions below.

          1) Hide Your Email Address

          Please set your member preferences
          so that your email address will not be visible.

          - First click on this link:
          If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

          - Check the box where it says:
          "Hide my email and IP address from the group moderators"

          - Under "Message Delivery", select:
          "Web Only. Read messages only on the web"

          - Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes").

          Now when you post, your email address will not be visible anymore to anybody.

          2) Turn Off Invitations

          - First click on this link:
          If you are asked to sign in, do so now.

          Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email
          addresses will appear.

          - To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in
          blue. Click on it.

          Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:
          Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
          Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.

          - By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
          - Click the Save Changes button.
          - Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.

          Thank you
          Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]
        • sarah_inseattle
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
            Hello again, Tristesse,

            We are so glad you decided to join this list, and happy to know it
            has offered you some comfort. We enjoy having you here. Yes, please
            do not feel shy. We'd love to hear from you whenever you are inspired
            and time permits.

            > Sarah, I was at that same concert in San Francisco
            > where you saw Dharmaja and his parents! Isn't that
            > neat?!

            That is *very* cool. Who knows, maybe I was even the one to hand you
            a program on your way in! And do you know, Ahelee was there, too! As
            I recall, she was the concert coordinator. She did a fantastic job.
            I'm so glad you were able to attend.

            Namaste,
            Sarah
            Seattle
          • sarah_inseattle
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hi Doris,

              It only now dawned on me what you meant by, "...my reply to you Sarah
              is the first in a sitting position."

              WOW! Congratulations. I am honored. Keep up the good work.

              Sarah
              Seattle
            • cott_doris
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
                Hallo Sarah and Tristesse,

                I do not know Dharmaja personally. I like his humor he spread here on
                the inspiration-Site.

                A few days ago I asked a friend (who was working in San Diego in the
                restaurant and is now in Zürich for a while) about Dharmaja. I deeply
                sympathize with him and all his friends and will definitely pray for
                his quickest recovery.

                This friend was also glad to hear that he is speaking and
                entertaining the hospital personnel.