Re: New Feature on Radio Sri Chinmoy

  • kwcanb
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Doris,

      I share your joy with 'Sacred Dawn'. There is something very special
      about this CD. Once when I was running in a long race and I was
      feeling out of touch with things I felt inspired to listen to this
      CD. I felt immediately transformed as the etheral melodies carried me
      far above my minds limitations.

      Sushmitam is one of the singers and also a friend of mine. On a visit
      she played the album and asked me what I thought. I told her that I
      could feel eternity and infinity echoing through the music. She
      informed me that they are some of the qualities she tries to embody
      when she is singing.

      In Oneness

      Karina

      My heart brilliantly sparkles
      The moment I sit
      At my Lord's Compassion-Feet.

      Sri Chinmoy
      [unofficial]
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2007
        You said: "I felt immediately transformed as the etheral melodies
        carried me far above my minds limitations."

        This is exactly what I feel when listening to the music. One could
        even say it has some healing power.

        As my health is slowly progressing and I enjoy more or less walking
        outside early in the morning for 20 minutes already I stll spent much
        of the time in horicontal position and I sometimes get a headache.
        This music helps me avoid taking aspirin or other pain-killer. You
        just close your eyes and enjoy. That's the recipe.

        Sushmitam is not only an excellent musician. I heard many good things
        about her helping other people. She is a psychologist by profession,
        isn't she?

        I am also very fond of Jesus and so enjoy the gentle song about him
        on the CD. Somehow I feel the presence of angels around the music. Is
        it possible? I do not know.

        There is also an outstanding vocalist in that group. Her voice is as
        clear as a drop of water. My heart is thrilled when she sings a solo
        part in the song "Shanti, Shanti...". It is a feeling as if a little
        fragile, gentle flower is daring to open it's eyes and stretch it's
        face and arms towards heaven shivering from a long long cold winter -
        It brings tears to my eyes.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/82/

        Thank you Karina for sharing the same joy with this wonderful music.
        Let me not forget to mention the compositions are by non other then
        our spiritual teacher Sri Chinmoy.

        The lyrics of the last song are:

        Peace-
        Humanity's flower-heart,
        Divinity's fragrance-soul.

        -Sri Chinmoy
        (unofficial)
      • cott_doris
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2007
          The song I mentioned is "Shaktishali"

          :-)
        • kwcanb
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11, 2007
            Hi Doris,

            I hope you are feeling better soon.

            Love

            Karina
          • cott_doris
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2007
              Thank you, Karina, me too. I sincerely need encouragement. I apologize
              for speaking about a very personal matter. I am sure there are worse things in
              the world than my physical health situation.

              I never thought I could endure pain for 2.5 months. Yet I am not proud
              of this achievement. But I don't want to miss this opportunity to thank
              Kamalakanta and Sumangali again for new features on "Radio Srichinmoy".

              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/channels/inspiration-2

              Now we can listen for hours on end to Guru's and other student's
              arrangements (what saves me personally from getting up all the time).

              With much care Kamalakanta gives people a sound introduction in the
              various ways of interpreting and arranging Sri Chinmoy's compositions
              by different music groups and expresses his own feelings when listening
              to the music himself.

              I personally am very inspired by the Russian music-group
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/c_/audio/radio/281/281-3-1.m4a
              The second song I never heard before and it is performed with much
              aspiration and professionality. World class according to me.

              Thank you
              Doris
            • beverly_canada
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 14, 2007
                Dear Doris

                I hope you feel better soon. For six years past, I was not, by
                ordinary standards, well. Whether the difficulty was mental,
                physical, vital, spiritual, or some combination I do not know. I
                don't really understand how I became better. Niriha, Sumangali, Udasina were self-giving enough to write on this site about overcoming health challenges. Their writing gave me hope.
                Not a trifle, hope. There was also an aphorism posted by Jayita was
                very powerful for me:

                Have faith in God's Compassion and your Master's protection.

                Sri Chinmoy
                http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/god-hour/279.html

                Singing was/is part of the process too, for me. I cry wen I think
                about this time and all the changes. A mixture of gratitude and
                confusion and unnamed emotions.

                Love, Beverly

                (- hoping to see soon some Doris-created cartoons).
              • cott_doris
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 15, 2007
                  For Beverly

                  An age-old mental disease

                  I saw the blind in my blind dreams.
                  I realise I saw my little self.
                  I saw the crippled in my wakeful days.
                  I realise I saw the same self.
                  I saw the imprisoned in their pleasent eve.
                  I realise I saw the same self.
                  I saw the dance of destruction in my brother.
                  I realise I saw the same self.

                  A new discovery

                  I see the children's smile and play.
                  I realise I see You.
                  I see the trees,
                  I see the flowers,
                  I see the rivers,
                  I see the birds,
                  I see the beetles,
                  I see the stones.
                  NOW I SEE -
                  EVERYTHING IS YOU.

                  Thank you,
                  Doris
                • beverly_canada
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 16, 2007

                    I can't reply adequately in words to this poem.

                    Honoured,
                    Beverly
                  • cott_doris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 17, 2007
                      Oh, Beverly, I would be extremely sorry if I burdened you with
                      something that was not my intention. Please forget the first part of
                      the poem and enjoy the second part.

                      I was 'overwhelmed' by reading you had health-problems for 6 years. I
                      must really not think I am the only sick person in the world. I just
                      tried to thank you for your kind response and oneness.

                      B.T.W. Miraculously I feel much much better and my life-energy comes
                      back more and more day by day.

                      "A wide open heart
                      And a sunshine-smile
                      Are enough to conquer
                      The heart of humanity."

                      -Sri Chinmoy
                      [unofficial]
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 17, 2007
                        Dear friends,

                        This is a small note to let you know that we have a new feature on
                        Radio Sri Chinmoy:

                        Mark Dempsey, from Seattle, reads stories from Sri Chinmoy's book "My
                        Consulate Years".

                        In this our first episode, the story is about when Sri Chinmoy applied
                        for a job at the Indian Consulate in 1964.

                        To listen, please go to:
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/298

                        and enjoy!

                        Kamalakanta