Re: Race prayer, June 2d (correction)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
      The bottom of the post of the race prayer correction asks if it is "a"
      or "the". What I transcribed while there at the race was that at first
      the prayer began "Morning is a sacred time" which he switched to
      "Morning is the sacred time" as he was repeating it. Also, I had
      morning is "the" sacred time right from the beginning in his
      dictation/recitation to us of the second line of the prayer. Alas,
      Meriem has the words "a secret" and I have "the sacred." I must admit
      I haven't asked around to compare notes with others. None of my Rhode
      Island compatriots were there at the race and I would have to do a
      little thinking to decide who else to pester about it. Mahiruha maybe?

      Thanks for so faithfully remembering to post the prayers here Meriem.
      You attend the races much more regularly than I do and I appreciate
      your consistency with doing this task for all of us.

      I always find it inspiring and fascinating to watch Sri Chinmoy
      compose songs and prayers on the spot to share and teach to us. To the
      onlooker it appears as if he bows his head, goes within and then
      spontaneously composes for us...

      It is not uncommon for Sri Chinmoy to slightly revise these prayers as
      he is giving them. Now we know why it's important to use the word
      unofficial in brackets until his utterances are published with this
      confusion over the wording of this race prayer. Sometimes it is hard
      to hear as well so this discrepancy means it is always a good idea to
      compare notes with others afterwards.

      The prayer I heard and transcribed into my little notebook while he
      composed/recited it is:

      Morning is the sacred time
      To offer the world
      My God-happiness-soul.