World Harmony Run pictures from Russia

  • vlad_volgograd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
      Hello, everybody!

      Recently I have finished an uploading of a new album at the centre
      gallery. You can find it here:

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/su/WHR2007/

      It contains a few dozens of pictures from World Harmony Run in
      Volgograd Region, Russia.

      Here is the short review:

      "Official ceremony of torch lighting and World Harmony Run start in
      Volgograd Region took place on May 1st at 9 am by the Eternal flame
      in Heroes alley - the very centre of Volgograd city. Assistant chief
      of sport, physical training and tourism committee of Volgograd
      Region Igor Kozlov and honoured worker of Russian culture, director
      of military historical museum of railway forces Valentina Evdokimova
      came to see runners off and to wish them a safe journey.
      Incidentally, Valentina Evdokimova helped a lot to elaborate the
      race route that includes many memorable places of Stalingrad
      battle".

      Volgograd (former Stalingrad) at that time was celebrating the
      Victory Day (and whole Russia alike). And at the meetings team
      members spoke about how important to remember lessons of the past
      (meaning World War II and Stalingrad Battle) and to preserve Harmony
      and Peace nowadays.

      So You can see photos from many places of the region and read
      comments of people. Among famous persons who supported World Harmony
      Run in our region was an Olympic champion Tatyana Lebedeva. She
      participated in two events.

      The highlights of the World Harmony Run were certainly the finish at
      Mamayev hill - the Main Height of Russia and meeting with sports
      community of Volgograd on May 9.

      Enjoy!

      Vlad Zorin
      Volgograd,
      Russia
    • beverly_canada
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
        Thank-you Vlad for bringing attention to the excellent captioned
        pictures of the World Harmony Run from your home area in Russia. I was
        especially inspired by the mix of older and younger people in the
        pictures!

        Beverly