6 & 10 Day race

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2007
      We had this little race in New York recently, you might have heard
      about it. A little thing really. Just 80 runners from all over the
      world running around Flushing Meadow for 6 and 10 days. Don't believe me?

      check it out

      http://www.srichinmoy.tv/tv/170

      much thanks

      Utpal
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2007
        Dear Utpal, I want to thank you for your wonderful work.....in the
        last 10 years I have struggled mightily with my running, sometimes
        stopping for months...injuries, decreased energy levels, blood sugar
        control problems, you name it, I have gone through it. And eventually
        discouragement, the worst of diseases, creeps in.

        Last year I was inspired to do the Self-Transcendence Marathon in
        August. I did it with no base training at all; just because I wanted
        to challenge impossibility, which had been getting the better of me
        for years.

        Thanks to God's Grace, my running is coming back, and I love going for
        a run in the neighborhood, where I do a loop with hills, similar to
        the kind of terrain I encounter when I visit my mother in Puerto Rico.
        She lives iin the countryside, and it is a hilly, ondulating course I
        run out there.

        It is really nice to listen and see the runners as they talk a little
        about themselves and their experience in the race. Sri Chinmoy has
        inspired so many countless people in the world through his worldwide
        initiatives in sports, music, art and literature. His mighty
        achievements in all these fields is a testament to how he practices
        what he preaches: self-transcendence.

        Since I started studying meditation with Sri Chinmoy, I have become
        more athletic, having run more than 8 marathons....my musical
        capacities have also increased, and I am happier than ever, as I feel
        more love for humanity than ever before.

        I am also grateful to the organizers of these multi-day races, and to
        you for bringing us a little of this wonderful world of
        self-transcendence through running.

        I hope that many more people watch this videos and get inspired to run
        and strive to ever-transcending goals.

        Kamalakanta

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, utpalmarshall
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > We had this little race in New York recently, you might have heard
        > about it. A little thing really. Just 80 runners from all over the
        > world running around Flushing Meadow for 6 and 10 days. Don't
        believe me?

        > check it out
        >
        > http://www.srichinmoy.tv/tv/170
        >
        > much thanks
        >
        > Utpal

      • rathin31
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2007
          Utpal, your race video is wonderful. You have captured a part of this
          epic experience, and have offered it to the world. The runners you
          interviewed seem to be radiating a special light, even if they are not
          aware of it! They may be suffering, but the joy they are giving to the
          rest of us is unfathomable. Unfathomable because we can't express
          exactly why self-transcendence thrills us to the core; it is beyond
          our mind's realm and beyond what words can convey. Words can simply
          point to, but not capture, the feelings that swell within. For me it
          is as if my soul is leaping, and proclaiming, simply, "yes!" in accord
          with what it is witnessing via the medium of cyberspace. The video may
          take up a few scant inches of monitor space, but for a few moments it
          is a portal, transporting us directly to Flushing Meadow, Queens, and
          the instantaneous nature of the journey makes the experience all the
          more powerful. Thank you for your service to the ultra-running world,
          Utpal.

          Rathin

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47