Re: Rama's bridge found!!!

    Message 1 of 9 , May 18, 2007
      Dear Richard, I think they call it "Adam's Bridge" because it is so
      ancient, it seems that it comes from the beginning of time, and Adam
      and Eve are in Genesis.....

      in oneness, Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, richard13_oxford
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > That's really impressive. Interesting how long some archealogists
      > think human have been around.
      >
      > http://www.rootsweb.com/~lkawgw/adamsbridge.html
      >

      > I agree though, it's difficult to understand the inspiration for
      > calling it "Adam's" Bridge.
      >

      > richard
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rathin31
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was enjoying a lunch break at work recently with an Indian
      > > colleague. We were discussing film and TV adaptations of the great
      > > epics, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. My colleague told me that
      > > many Indians would put flowers on their TVs, creating a sacred shrine
      > > in anticipation of the latest instalment of the Ramayana. Then he told
      > > me that NASA had produced satellite images that cleary show the bridge
      > > that Rama built between India and Sri Lanka, during Rama's quest to be
      > > reunited with Sita. This made me sit up straight. Rama's bridge? Still
      > > there? in a satellite photograph? My colleague told me that the
      > > pictures can be found on the internet. I looked, and sure enough, he
      > > was not misinforming me! One place you can see photos is
      > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~lkawgw/adamsbridge.html
      > > (for some reason, NASA have named this discovery 'Adam's Bridge'.)
      > >
      > > One part of the Ramayana that I often remember is to do with the
      > > construction of this bridge. All of the monkeys and many other
      > > creatures were working together to build it. A tiny spider wanted to
      > > help, so it carried little pebbles on its back to help fill the gulf
      > > between India and Sri Lanka. Rama saw what the spider was doing and
      > > was pleased with it. So it doesn't matter if your capacity for
      > > something is less than someone else's, the important thing is that you
      > > use it.

    • smarana31
      Message 2 of 9 , May 18, 2007
        Thank you Rathin for the picture, I have already shared it with friends.
        From a country that starts with an A and ends with an A, like your country
        Smarana
        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Dear Rathin, thanks for this!
        >
        > I have been wanting to see it for many months, ever since I was told
        > it existed....I will share it with many friends...
        >
        > In a book "Stories of Indian Saints"...sometimes the devotees mention
        > that the Supreme made the stones float, when the monkeys built the
        > bridge for Sri Rama....
        >
        > in oneness, Kamalakanta
        >
        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rathin31
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was enjoying a lunch break at work recently with an Indian
        > > colleague. We were discussing film and TV adaptations of the great
        > > epics, the Mahabharata and the Ramayana. My colleague told me that
        > > many Indians would put flowers on their TVs, creating a sacred shrine
        > > in anticipation of the latest instalment of the Ramayana. Then he told
        > > me that NASA had produced satellite images that cleary show the bridge
        > > that Rama built between India and Sri Lanka, during Rama's quest to be
        > > reunited with Sita. This made me sit up straight. Rama's bridge? Still
        > > there? in a satellite photograph? My colleague told me that the
        > > pictures can be found on the internet. I looked, and sure enough, he
        > > was not misinforming me! One place you can see photos is
        > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~lkawgw/adamsbridge.html
        > > (for some reason, NASA have named this discovery 'Adam's Bridge'.)
        > >
        > > One part of the Ramayana that I often remember is to do with the
        > > construction of this bridge. All of the monkeys and many other
        > > creatures were working together to build it. A tiny spider wanted to
        > > help, so it carried little pebbles on its back to help fill the gulf
        > > between India and Sri Lanka. Rama saw what the spider was doing and
        > > was pleased with it. So it doesn't matter if your capacity for
        > > something is less than someone else's, the important thing is that you
        > > use it.

      • sarah_inseattle
        Message 3 of 9 , May 19, 2007
          Hi Rathin, Richard, Kamalakanta & everybody,

          This was so interesting; I decided to "google" it and learn more about
          Rama's Bridge, which apparently had been found in the early 1990's. I
          was shocked to learn a section of it may be *torn down* to make a
          shipping canal between India & Sri Lanka. It is a very current issue.
          Here are a couple of references:

          Times of India:
          http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Not_Ram_Setu_just_Adams_bridge_Baalu/rssarticleshow/2055682.cms

          A traveler's blog:
          http://dharmagraha.blogspot.com/2007/03/dont-touch-ramas-bridge.html

          Sarah
          Seattle

          Message 4 of 9 , May 20, 2007
            Hi Sarah,
            Your links are really something. The one from The Times of India
            couldn't be any more current and the other link was quite informative
            for the likes of me who has never actually read The Ramayana. Thanks
            for such good choices to learn more about it.

            Sharani

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rathin, Richard, Kamalakanta & everybody,
            >
            > This was so interesting; I decided to "google" it and learn more about
            > Rama's Bridge, which apparently had been found in the early 1990's. I
            > was shocked to learn a section of it may be *torn down* to make a
            > shipping canal between India & Sri Lanka. It is a very current issue.
            > Here are a couple of references:
            >
            > Times of India:

            http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Not_Ram_Setu_just_Adams_bridge_Baalu/rssarticleshow/2055682.cms

            > A traveler's blog:
            > http://dharmagraha.blogspot.com/2007/03/dont-touch-ramas-bridge.html
            >
            > Sarah
            > Seattle
            >

            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear Richard, I think they call it "Adam's Bridge" because it is so
            > > ancient, it seems that it comes from the beginning of time, and Adam
            > > and Eve are in Genesis.....
            > >
            > > in oneness, Kamalakanta
            > >
            > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, richard13_oxford
            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > That's really impressive. Interesting how long some archealogists
            > > > think human have been around.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~lkawgw/adamsbridge.html
            > > >

            > > > I agree though, it's difficult to understand the inspiration for
            > > > calling it "Adam's" Bridge.
            > > >

            > > > richard
            > > >
            > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, rathin31

            > shrine
            > he told
            > bridge
            > to be
            > Still

            > wanted to
            > that you

          • cott_doris
            Message 5 of 9 , May 21, 2007
              Oh, Sharani, you have to read it. It's a must. Doris