IMHO: Perfect Photo

  • sumangali_m
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2007
      This new photo of Sharani's in the Sri Chinmoy Centre Gallery is one
      my absolute all time favourites... of all time... ever:

      http://tinyurl.com/2vfj3m

      I love everything about it so I'm not going to even try to appraise it.

      Its oriental simplicity seems to go well with this koan-like
      rhetorical poem by Sri Chinmoy:

      “O my purity-blossom-heart,
      Where are you?”
      -Sri Chinmoy

      (unofficial)
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/heart-where/12.html

      Sumangali
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2007
        Hi Sumangali,
        this photo was taken on a street of historic houses in Wickford Rhode
        Island. The blue background is the colour of the house behind the
        flowering tree. Wickford is a wonderful village on the harbor with
        quaint shops and restaurants for tourists and locals alike. The
        popular TV cook in America Rachael Ray chose a brownie from their
        Wickford Gourmet shop to feature on her television show. I took lots
        of photos of the old houses and whatnot when I spent the afternoon
        there recently but mostly posted only the flower photos. You know they
        even have a New Age spiritual bookstore with the first statues for
        sale that I have ever seen in the U.S. of goddesses such as Quan Yin
        and Tara. I really like my Kannon (Japanese Quan Yin) statue that I
        bought in Japan last summer. Enough rambling! Did you see my blog
        entry about lots of flowers (daffodils and roses)
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/sharani/blog/archive/2007/05/11/daffodilsindartmouth
        a kind of companion piece perhaps to your blog on wonderful things
        that are tiny?
        http://sumangali.org/2007/05/truly-nothings-small.html

        Sharani
        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > This new photo of Sharani's in the Sri Chinmoy Centre Gallery is one
        > my absolute all time favourites... of all time... ever:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/2vfj3m
        >
        > I love everything about it so I'm not going to even try to appraise it.
        >
        > Its oriental simplicity seems to go well with this koan-like
        > rhetorical poem by Sri Chinmoy:
        >
        > “O my purity-blossom-heart,
        > Where are you?”
        > -Sri Chinmoy
        >
        > (unofficial)
        > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/heart-where/12.html
        >
        > Sumangali

      • sumangali_m
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2007
          Perfect companions, yes! Thank you Sharani.

          Sumangali