Spit it out!

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2007
      JASHODA: Open your mouth! Spit it out!

      (Krishna opens his mouth. She takes the mud out of his mouth.)

      JASHODA: Oh! What do I see? I see the whole universe! I see earth,
      heaven, stars, planets, the sun, the moon, countless beings, all the
      beings inside you. My child, is this a dream? Is it only a dream?

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/singer-eternal-beyond/2.html

      A secret - dare I say it?
      (I could be wrong...)
      Can any deny it?
      The essence of what Jashoda sees in Krishna is true to all true
      mothers (Jashoda is Krishna's foster mother) - and fathers, and
      brothers, and sisters, if they have the chance to share the child's
      love - one's child, one who offers unconditional love, is the whole
      universe. No matter how mischievous.

      And, in the beginning, the parents are the child's whole universe.

      As is anyone who offers unconditional love, if one can receive it -
      true lovers, friends, teachers (are they not the same?)...

      And to offer it back - is that not heaven?

      Beverly

      In the beginning children see their parents as perfect. And they are
      right. And later on, if the child is lucky, she sees the same again,
      before her parents leave the earth. The parents, they always see the
      child as perfect (;-) )... as with true loves, friends, teachers, ...

      Sunday

      From "Meditation - Man Perfection in God-Satisfaction" by Sri Chinmoy:
      "The mother sees her whole world, the entire universe, inside the
      smile, because the child is her universe. So, when you feed the
      dearest and the dearest smiles, at that time you will feel that your
      entire world is smiling."
      Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]

      PS
      My own mother, even into my adulthood had said "Spit it out, quick!".
      Will I be doing the same? How little some things differ across time
      spans of thousands of years, across cultures. Gratitude to all my
      teachers, Beverly