Good things come in big packages too!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 4:50 PM
      When you are a town employee for almost 14 years and many of your
      co-workers grew up in said town, you come to feel like an integral
      part of the community even without living there. Such being the case,
      I was so pleasantly surpised to learn of a large field of daffodils
      not too far from my work for the first time this spring. It is owned
      by the Town's Natural Resources Dept., having been given as a gift by
      the former owner of the property.

      I have gone there twice in the last couple of weeks - the first time
      only about half of the daffodils were blooming and the second time
      more like 85 percent. After walking up a hill through the woods, there
      is a nice wooden bench to sit on and big field of daffodils that have
      been planted with empty rows left for walking between them. One other
      visitor there guessed it was about an acre in size.

      So many flowers all together amongst the trees and wooded area are
      stunning in their impact. The sheer number of daffodils creates a
      sunny sea of yellow cheerfulness. While I often subscribe to the
      opinion that good things often come in small packages, this is a case
      where a large quantity and scope makes a much more impressive visual
      impact.

      I took some photos of the daffodil field called Parsons Reserve and
      they can be viewed at my gallery album:
      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/newcamera/daffodils/

      Discovering this treasure for the first time feels like a real gift of
      spirit to me. I envision that a spiritual seeking and gratitude for
      the divine in natural beauty opened the door to learning of this
      precious flower oasis. I cherish it immensely and am grateful for
      these delights that seem to stem from a God-focused life.