Forgetting my past

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 10:46 AM
      In Seventy-Seven Thousand Service Trees, part 43, Sri Chinmoy wrote,

      My Lord has
      A very special Request:
      He wants me to forget my past
      Altogether.

      #42,618
      [unofficial version]

      I always thought aphorisms like this refer to things in my past which
      would be cause for regret or remorse.

      It now occurs to me that perhaps some "good" past experiences should
      also be forgotten. What if they provoke feelings of grief or loss?
      The mind invites comparison between "then" and "now."

      Only aspiration can move me forward.

      Sarah
      Seattle