The Dalai Lama in San Francisco

  • sopan_31
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 11:59 PM
      The Dalai Lama was here in San Francisco for three days. He had
      seminars in the biggest hall in town which happens to be right across
      the street from our restaurant Ananda Fuara.

      Here the story starts. Naturally this event brought a lot of
      vegetarians as well as followers and monks accompanying him.
      The actual seminars were on friday, saturday and sunday. We got kind
      of busy on thursday having 380 custumers and this went on for the
      next days, on friday we had 554 custumers and on saturday 560! On
      sunday we had the busiest ever brunch.

      It is quite inspiring being that busy for 3 days in a row ... we had
      a huge rush of people coming into the restaurant before and after the
      the actual seminars ... during lunch rush there was 15 meter bouble
      line waiting outside the restaurant for about an hour and we had the
      restaurant (about 67 seats) packed for hours.
      Luckily all the people were very nice and in a good mood not creating
      extra pressure for us.

      We are lucky to have Ananda Fuara located in the heart of the city
      where most of the cultural events take place and it feels like it is
      inseparable part of San Francisco.

      Sopan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007
        Dear Sopan,
        Thanks for sharing this good news about Ananda Fuara with us. I have
        heard from various people over the years that this restaurant run by
        Sri Chinmoy's students is a well-liked and steadily busy mecca for
        vegetarian diners. Someday I hope to eat there myself and we'll see
        whether or not it bests my current favorite Sri Chinmoy restaurant -
        Victory's Banner in Chicago. And then I suppose I ought to make a trip
        down under to New Zealand and Australia as well since their restaurant
        and cafe offerings are on the increase as well. Maybe I can find
        someone to hire me as a "galloping gourmet" restaurant reviewer. :-)

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sopan_31