Sources for quotes

  • nayak_ltp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi, everyone,

      I have seen so many wonderful selections from Sri Chinmoy's writings
      on this site. Sometimes there is not a reference for a selection
      (title of the book, at least, or preferably, title and page, or some
      way to go find it), and I am left wanting that reference so that I
      can go and look around in the source material for more of the same.
      Also, as a guy who works with numbers and tries to get everything
      accurate, I sometimes just want to make sure that the transcriber has
      the exact text before I copy it and send it off to others.

      Some time ago, I had the text of one of Sri Chinmoy's poems, and this
      text came to me with a comma in the wrong place (different than Sri
      Chinmoy had written), but the comma completely changed the meaning of
      a key phrase and made it a different poem. It was an important poem
      that I recited a lot, and now that I have it correctly, the phantom
      comma sometimes still pops into my thinking as I go through the
      poem.

      In any case, respect for such a great figure as this suggests respect
      for proper presentation of his material. It is so easy to add that
      reference from a book or from http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      Like all of you I am just an enthusiastic visitor to this site, and,
      without overdoing it, I would like to see titles and sources along
      with the text, to fill out the picture of this great man's work.

      Yours,

      Nayak