Re: My Lord's Secrets Revealed

  • carr_terri
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2007
      Hi Sharani,

      As a listener in the audience during your recitation, I was also very
      moved. The group's recitation really helped me to appreciate the God-
      Hunger-Cry prayers more than I probably normally do. I think they
      are more powerful, or maybe a little more mantric, more musical or
      something when they are strung together like that. This is the first
      time the prayer recitations have struck me so powerfully. I am
      inspired to join in August.

      Several Christmas trips ago, the first time for Ashani's prayer
      group, I believe, I participated in the group and learned 100
      prayers. Although I enjoyed the challenge at the time, I felt the
      God-Hunger-Cry prayers made an especially beautiful package!

      Are you starting to practice for August now? I spoke with Ashani
      about the August performance - it seems she will not make the final
      selection of prayers til June or even July...hmmm.

      How long did you study for the April performance? I know with
      intensive concentration it can be done in a week or 10 days....

      Terri

      > To write about the experience of reciting prayers written by Sri
      > Chinmoy from memory with Ashani's prayer group, I borrow the title
      > from one of Sri Chinmoy's books called "My Lord's Secrets
      Revealed" -

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
        Hi, Sharani!

        Just a little note to remind people that we have a recording of
        Ashani's Group reciting prayers. It is from a performance on February
        24, 2007 in Thailand.

        Here is the link:
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/261/

        enjoy!

        Kamalakanta

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2007
          Hi Terri,
          I'm happy to hear that it was a nice meditation for some members of
          the listening audience. To answer your question about when I got them,
          I received them about 3 weeks prior to the performance date. A friend
          who has done them more than once also liked doing the God-Hunger-Cry
          prayers - maybe because unlike the trip prayers, this series rhymes.
          I'll contact you to see if you have them yet the next time she does it.

          Sharani
          p.s. thanks for the link to a previous performance Kamalakanta. Now if
          I can just get it to play without the delays and hiccups I encountered
          on my aborted attempt (despite my high speed internet connection).

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, carr_terri