OT: Poem

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 6:34 PM
      Even though I'm off of work this weekend, I was not quite up for the
      stamina of a 4th return to NY in the space of two weeks. I dallied
      instead in the revelry of a gorgeous spring day - the first warm sunny
      day here in New England in as long as I can remember. Our never-ending
      drizzly, rainy, cold weather had me starting to wonder if I had moved
      to Seattle or London. To finally receive a day of warmth and sunshine
      was cherished all the more for its absence of late.

      As the sun set, I snapped a few photos around my house and in the yard
      and then set off for a sunset walk in the neighborhood. The breeze
      still felt warm, the sky was pretty in pink, the birds were chirping a
      loud chorus - in happiness it seemed for this rare taste of true
      spring. By the time I came back home, the birds were quiet, a hush of
      stillness in its place - night had fallen.

      I wrote the following poem as I bundled up with words my immense
      satisfaction:

      Arrival

      Last night I heard
      the fireworks thunder