Sri Chinmoy's Achievements

  • Anneshan Dorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2003

      Each and every person who has studied with Sri Chinmoy will be able to make his or her own list of Sri Chinmoy's most significant areas of achievement.  Here, I offer my top three, in the order in which I most value them, with more to come.

      1. Master of Meditation.  Sri Chinmoy perfected meditation during his many years of practice in India, meditating sometimes more than eight hours a day.  For me, the degree of his achievement in meditation is readily apparent from the inner light that radiates from his face and the peace that is felt in his presence.  In addition, many people, myself included, have had visions, dreams and powerful meditations of our own involving Sri Chinmoy.  These inner experiences confirm, in a way that no outer experience can, the inner height and power of the meditation master.

      2. Spiritual Teacher.  In addition to being inspiring and illuming, Sri Chinmoy's teachings provide the most comprehensive, self-consistent and clear set of explanations about the experience that we call life, both inner and outer.  It's priceless to have such a solid, deep and comprehensive foundation for living.  I have had the good fortunate of studying in depth three of the world's great religions (Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism), and have read the writings of many saints and sages from different ages.  Earlier in my life, I trained to become a Christian minister, and I also studied under several other spiritual masters, but I have found in Sri Chinmoy's philosophy such a wide range and deep understanding of life that my seemingly endless string of questions and my insatiable quest for answers has been quenched.  Now I realize that it is in the practice of these teachings that real satisfaction comes.   Here, again, Sri Chinmoy is a perfect example.

      3. Prolific and Manifold Author.  Sri Chinmoy's writings will be valued by generations and for incarnations to come.  They are a life-boat to seekers trying to make sense of life and find peace within.  Hours and days can be spent reading and re-reading his diverse writings.  Not only do these writings embody his teachings, they also contain inspiration for the spiritual seeker, including some of the most beautiful poems ever written.  The book, My Flute, is filled with rhyming metered poetry that is as sublime as one can find.  But spiritual philosophy and poetry form only a part, albeit the most important part for me, of his writings.  He has also written hundreds of books of stories, many drawn from his own unique life.

      Experience the beauty of Sri Chinmoy's writings for yourself by delving into the wonderful resource to be found at site: www.srichinmoylibrary.com . It allows you to search on just about any subject you can imagine.

      Other categories of Sri Chinmoy's achievements to be covered in subsequent e-mails are: sportsman extraordinaire, musician incomparable and artist fantastique.

      Anneshan