Inspired to share....

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2007
      It is 1:40 a.m., and I am looking for inspiring quotes in Sri Chinmoy
      library, and part of the reason that I am still awake is that there
      are plenty.

      Today I was inspired to use certain key phrases in the Sri Chinmoy
      Library (http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/) search engine, and I must
      say it is a great resource.

      So, looking up the phrase "God never gives up", I found many
      possibilities, and made a selection to share with you all (all quotes
      unofficial):

      "I have known
      Since the beginning of time
      That God never gives up on us,
      No matter how worthless and useless
      We are."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "I am certain of one thing:
      God never gives up on me."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Next I found a very beautiful and inspiring essay by Sri Chinmoy:

      Author's Introduction- Sri Chinmoy's book titled: "God-Life: Is It A
      Far Cry?"

      When I cry, God weeps.
      When I weep, God peeps.
      When I peep, God flings.
      — Sri Chinmoy

      "When I cry." Each sincere seeker must feel that his inner cry is
      something to cherish forever. This cry actually comes from within us,
      from the very depths of our heart. Our inner cry is our strength. When
      this cry comes from the depths of our heart, it has to be accepted and
      embraced by something higher. This inner cry is not for name and fame;
      this inner cry is for deep awareness of what one truly is. This inner
      cry needs its manifestation. Inside this burning cry is our
      realisation, and inside our soulful weeping is our manifestation.
      Manifestation comes when we actually weep. Manifestation takes the
      form of weeping, and God comes to fulfil this weeping. We start the
      journey and God completes it. God comes to cherish and manifest what
      we have within.

      We always have to feel that God's actions are more meaningful, more
      fruitful than ours. But when we go deep within, we feel that God does
      everything for us. Our journey's start is God and our journey's Goal
      is also God. As an individual human being we start our journey with
      crying and God the Divine Being completes the same journey with
      weeping. In this weeping we feel God's Concern for us. He says, "My
      child, at last you are crying for me. Better late than never. You are
      crying for Me consciously and I am most proud that you are crying for
      Me, for Light." This is why God is weeping with joy and the sense of
      satisfaction.

      "When I weep, God peeps." Here we have to understand who God is. If we
      feel that God is a very old man, like a grandfather or
      great-grandfather all the time picking at our mistakes and errors,
      then we are mistaken. We must feel that the omniscient, omnipotent,
      omnipresent God is our real eternal Friend and Comrade. We are all
      children and He is of our age. In terms of our realisation we are all
      beginners, because our goal is infinite Light and infinite Bliss, and
      we have yet to come near the threshold. If we are sincere with
      ourselves and feel that we are all beginners, all children, then we
      feel that God is coming to us as a Child because His Purpose is to
      play with us. Grown-ups won't play, but a child constantly wants to
      play, all the time and everywhere. If we feel the necessity of always
      remaining children, then God can come to us in the form of a Child. He
      is the eternal Player in His eternal Garden; today he plays with our
      desires, tomorrow he plays with our aspiration, and the day after
      tomorrow he plays with our realisation.

      Now at this point, when we are consciously praying, concentrating and
      meditating, God peeps at us like a child. He sees whether we are
      actually meditating or not. It is like a child peeping through the
      window to see what his parents or older people are doing. When the
      child sees he is going to be caught, he runs away.

      God the divine Child wants to play His cosmic Game of hide-and-seek
      with us. When God hides, we have to seek Him; when we hide, God will
      come and seek for us. In that way we become the sweetest of friends,
      eternal friends. If God is onepointed, if He is always catching us
      with His Knowledge, Wisdom and Vision, then there will be no Game. If
      one party in a game is by far stronger than the other party and always
      wins, then the loser will not continue playing. So God comes in the
      form of a child and peeps at us, His children.

      God wants us always to act like children, divine children. Every day a
      divine child renews his thoughts, his ideas, his aims; everything that
      he has he changes. When the day dawns he will not stay with
      yesterday's hope, desire or achievement: he will not be satisfied. And
      as soon as tomorrow dawns he will again have new hope, new prayers and
      new goals.

      Divine children play innocent games. Their spontaneous inner joy and
      innocent play gives us delight. Real divine children do not get joy
      from boxing, fighting or other kinds of games that grown-up people
      play. Divine children try to become one with Mother Earth, and from
      nature they try to get joy. But grown-ups are unfortunately misusing
      the concern, compassion and capacity of Mother Earth. They are
      violating the cosmic Law and obstructing the path of their own inner
      realisation.

      Now, "When I peep, God flings." Why? God is in His Room of infinite
      Joy, Peace, Bliss and Power, and He sees that some poor fellow, some
      lone individual has come all the way to see Him. This poor seeker is
      not sure of his present achievement. He feels that he may be caught by
      God and that God may be displeased with him because of his inferior
      capacity, because of his inferior understanding of Light and Truth. We
      run towards God, but the moment we feel that God is looking at us we
      feel ashamed of ourselves because we have committed untold, teeming
      mistakes in our lives. When we stand in front of the Light, very often
      all our darkness, imperfection and impurity come to the fore. We are
      crying and trying to see the Light, but when we are about to face the
      eternal effulgence of infinite Light, we are horror-struck. We feel
      that our abysmal impure nature will be exposed. So, like a thief, we
      try to see the Truth stealthily. At the same time, we try to get joy
      by feeding our eyes with the vision. So when we peep into God's
      Eldorado, God's infinite Treasure-room, He flings around and says, "My
      child, at long last you have come to Me, and now you are so afraid of
      Me that you have to peep? No. I won't let you go. You have not yet
      recognised your eternal friendship with Me; that is why you are
      hiding. But now I wish to tell you that I have taken you as My very
      own. You and I are one, eternally one. I am conscious of the fact that
      we are one; unfortunately you are not." Saying this, God flings around
      and captures the child. Why does God do it? He does it on the strength
      of His oneness. He feels that His highest identity has to be revealed.
      God starts his journey as a child. He will play with us human beings
      and make us feel that He is in no way superior to us. If God remained
      in his highest Consciousness, we human beings would not approach Him.
      So He dons the human cloak in the form of a child, and He becomes one
      with us.

      Then he has to elevate us. He mixes with us, but just by mixing He
      cannot elevate us. To elevate us He has to bring to the fore His own
      highest qualities and capacities within us. So when God finally
      catches us peeping at Him, He says, "You have come to Me from a very
      far-away land. Now the time has come for Me to make you feel that you
      are My very own." That is why God flings and captures our human
      aspiration, our human urge, our human cry. In the beginning of the
      journey God became a child, and He Himself was peeking at us. But at
      the end of the journey, God feels satisfaction in making the aspirant
      feel that he is as great as God. Now hide-and-seek is no longer
      necessary. The game is over. The game starts when there is
      separativity, duality. Two players try to get joy from each other and
      give joy to each other. And when the game ends, it ends in one supreme
      Consciousness.

      In the beginning there was One, but the One wanted to become Many:
      Ekam bhusyama. By becoming Many, the Supreme tastes His own Truth in
      millions, and billions and trillions of forms, in infinite forms. And
      finally, when He has manifested and fulfilled Himself fully in
      infinite forms here on earth, the Supreme goes back to His original
      Source. The Game is complete.
      Sri Chinmoy

      Then I tried the phrase "God cares for me", and these are my
      selections from the many choices that came up:

      "God cares for me.
      My mother blessed me with this realisation.
      I care for God.
      God's Realisation cannot exclude this fact."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "God cares for me whether I meditate or not, but I become aware of my
      care for God only when I meditate. When I meditate on God, I become
      fortunate enough to discover the truth that I do care for God. But God
      meditates on me whether I care for Him or not."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "Who
      Cared for me?
      God the Forgiveness-Heart.
      Who
      Cares for me?
      God the Compassion-Eye.
      Who
      Will care for me?
      God the Transformation-Hand."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "When I concentrate, I care about God. When I meditate, God cares
      about me. When I contemplate, my perfected inner wisdom cares about
      God, and God's infinite ocean of Light cares about me."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "A God-lover's best attitude:
      God cared for me,
      God cares for me
      And God will always care for me."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "Tomorrow
      My life-book
      Shall read:
      God cares for me.
      God loves me.
      God even needs me."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "My first discovery:
      God cares for me.
      My last discovery:
      I need God."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      "God cares for me
      Not because I am brave,
      Not because I am good,
      But because whatever I have learnt
      From my mind
      I am now eager to unlearn."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      While reading the quotes under these subjects, I became enamoured of
      the affectionate feeling that they convey. The way Sri Chinmoy writes
      about God is o loving and warm, so full of divine affection!

      At the same time, Sri Chinmoy's writings are very luminous, clear and
      simple, to the point. But he writes with humility and devotion, as
      someone who wishes to share something precious, something special,
      something divine, in a most compassionate and loving way.

      I am very grateful for this great resource, and for the inspiration to
      share some of it with you all. Good night!

      Kamalakanta
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2007
        I like your selection of readings from Sri Chinmoy's online library
        very much. I am quite impressed that you had the energy for this task
        amidst the hustle and bustle of our twice-yearly gathering. I think we
        have recently shared quotes on *us* never giving up but by phrasing it
        as God never giving up a different perspective emerges. I imagine this
        concept is tied into the unconditional aspect of God's love for humankind.

        I certainly have not giving up on the "brain" right now as I try to
        become more self-aware of my lack of equinimity and poise when I
        encounter difficulties. I was chugging along with memory lane
        exercises through attempts to learn Christmas trip songs and 100
        prayers by Sri Chinmoy selected for recitation at Celebrations. When I
        took yet another tumble when someone on a scooter collided with me
        while I crossed the street, it was as if the wind whooshed out of my
        sails and my projects have since listed in the still air faster than
        the wind changes direction.

        Recently suggesting that both our successes and failures must be
        acccepted equally, we took special prasad after Sri Chinmoy did not
        reach his weightlifting session goal. Happily as well, within one day
        we took prasad for the success of reaching that goal after all.

        If I'm remembering right, Abraham Lincoln is often used as an example
        of someone who persevered through many failed elections only to
        eventually become president. And it is often mentioned that the true
        winner is the one who bounces back from setbacks instead of
        surrendering to them.

        Do any of you have personal stories of how you overcome setbacks and
        persevere when hurdles arise? If you are involved in athletics, what
        techniques do you use to get through the mental difficulties related
        to injuries, etc? I am all ears! As I ice my knee, I figure I can hunt
        for an equinimity-never give up balm as well. Maybe like a cat with
        nine lives, I will have to ally myself with the feline approach to
        life. Amidst all the dog-lovers on the path, someone has to represent
        the cats, yes? :-)

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47