Two dogs and a girl - friendship

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
      Coming back from a run I saw two dogs and a young girl playing on the
      beach. I stopped to chat with the girl's mother and watch. One dog
      was black, big and lanky. The other was small with white fur, a
      poodle-kind of dog. Yet the two romped in harmony. The mother said
      that the dogs were friends - the larger would watch over and protect
      the smaller, the smaller was a newcomer and the leader. The small one
      splashed into the salt water to fetch delectable sticks thrown by the
      girl. The larger watched, then when his little playmate came out of
      the water, began a dashing game of chase.

      It was so nice to watch. These friends - so apparently
      different - together.
      - Beverly

      Friendship is the soil where happiness proudly grows.
      - Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/friendship/31.html
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
        Hi Beverly,
        I always enjoy your descriptive writing and poems that you've written
        which you have shared here from time to time. Have you ever considered
        creating a personal homepage under the umbrella of the members section
        of the centre's site? http://www.srichinmoycentre.org
        I for one would love to see your writing gathered together in such a
        manner.

        Sharani
        p.s. I will look for you to say hi since I think once we were
        introduced briefly at a New York celebrations - unless you're not
        coming this month...

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          Hello Sharani!

          Thank-you for the encouragement. I actually started a homepage and
          even tried dipping my toes into Blog waters but found myself baffled
          by terms such As 'URL'. I guess it is so basic for anyone who plays
          with such stuff, that no-one felt need to explain.

          I will be spending the Easter weekend with family, and if all goes as
          hoped, be in NY for the Celebration weekend (with worldwide family). I
          look forward to seeing you. A new camera! I need to sit down with
          one myself. I've been asked by my son to take 'videos' of an egg
          dropping contest at his school this afternoon. Videos on this little
          camera, it does so many things... I hope there won't be egg on my
          face... I'd better get cracking...

          Beverly

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
            Hi Beverly,
            Don't even get me started again on the subject of eggs and cameras.
            :-) Now 5 months later I still have some residual tenderness from
            where I hit my head while photographing Ashrita's egg-balancing
            record. I never knew that recovery from head injuries could be such a
            slow process until having my very own experience with it.

            I come and go twice to New York during Celebrations. I will look for
            you when we do overlap. If I'm able, I'll fill you in on all the
            secret and sacred mysteries of URLs and other such matters. Hah! I wish!

            See you soon and have a good Easter,
            Sharani