Re: OT: Did you see the lunar eclipse?

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
      Sharani, I didn't see it. We were sitting in a big function room
      watching the ongoing evening program.

      Funnily in the morning a group of girls from Berlin recited poems from
      Guru's booklet "Sun, Moon, and Stars" sweetly accompanying
      themselves with paper moon, stars and sun, lit with candles...

      ...and suddenly I remembered the eclipse. To late of course. Some
      other people were watching it.

      > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I would
      > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
      > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
      > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
      > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7 p.m.
      > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky. Oh
      > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
      >
      > Sharani

    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2007
        Dear Sharani,

        I have learnt about this lunar eclipse just a few minutes after it was
        gone! TV news showed people around the globe enjoying the unusual event
        but nobody around me spoke about the eclipse or saw it because most of
        the country was completely cloudy and rainy.

        Some people said that a few lakes in Patagonia turned red that night and
        I do remember nature in my area turned reddish and yellowish as the sun
        was setting before the eclipse. It was also said that another lunar
        eclipse is taking place this year but I don´t remember the date.

        I wonder if there is any spiritual improvement associated to a lunar
        eclipse of this sort so I´ll be trying to be more watchful next time.

        See you soon,

        Suchana

        > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I would
        > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
        > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
        > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
        > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7 p.m.
        > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky. Oh
        > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
        >
        > Sharani

      • sarada1007
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2007
          Hello Sharani,

          I saw the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, but it wasn't total at the
          time so it wasn't red. It was like a crescent moon with the
          illuminated part at the top of the moon instead of on the side as it
          would usually be. Actually, we didn't really know what it was and the
          conversation went along the lines of..
          'look at the moon'
          'that's weird'
          'perhaps it's an eclipse'

          The next eclipse of the moon is apparently on August 28th in the early
          hours of the morning (New York time), so if we're up very late on the
          27th we might even see something then! Most auspicious.

          Sarada

          > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I would
          > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
          > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
          > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
          > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7
          p.m.
          > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky. Oh
          > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
          >
          > Sharani

        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2007
            Dear Sarada,

            Your posting is also answering my question about the next lunar eclipse!
            I am grateful to nature for all her beautiful displays but in terms of
            my own spiritual satisfaction, nothing could be more fulfilling than
            celebrating Guru´s birthday at the same time! :)

            In oneness-joy,

            Suchana

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hello Sharani,
            >
            > I saw the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, but it wasn't total at the
            > time so it wasn't red. It was like a crescent moon with the
            > illuminated part at the top of the moon instead of on the side as it
            > would usually be. Actually, we didn't really know what it was and the
            > conversation went along the lines of..
            > 'look at the moon'
            > 'that's weird'
            > 'perhaps it's an eclipse'
            >
            > The next eclipse of the moon is apparently on August 28th in the early
            > hours of the morning (New York time), so if we're up very late on the
            > 27th we might even see something then! Most auspicious.
            >
            > Sarada

            > no_reply@ wrote:
            > >
            > > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I
            would
            > > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
            > > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
            > > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
            > > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7
            > p.m.
            > > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky.
            Oh
            > > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
            > >
            > > Sharani

          • nayaknayaknayak
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2007
              Sri Chinmoy is quite involved with the moon, so it is good to see the
              moon entering into these pages.

              Occasions about the moon and sun:

              Once we were at one of the Celebrations in New York and the moon was
              shining very prominently above us. Guru had us stop our activities and
              meditate on the moon in silence for a few minutes.

              Guru was out on a meditation ride (in a car with his disciple dirver)
              and the moon was full. Guru videotaped it and showed the video at the
              function later. We meditated.

              Guru has so many poems that celebrate the moon and the sun.

              Once, speaking of gratitude, Guru was saying that there are so many
              things to be grateful for. For example, the sun. How often are we
              grateful for the sun?

              Yours,

              Nayak

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27
              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Dear Sarada,
              >
              > Your posting is also answering my question about the next lunar eclipse!
              > I am grateful to nature for all her beautiful displays but in terms of
              > my own spiritual satisfaction, nothing could be more fulfilling than
              > celebrating Guru´s birthday at the same time! :)
              >
              > In oneness-joy,
              >
              > Suchana
              >

              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Hello Sharani,
              > >
              > > I saw the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, but it wasn't total at the
              > > time so it wasn't red. It was like a crescent moon with the
              > > illuminated part at the top of the moon instead of on the side as it
              > > would usually be. Actually, we didn't really know what it was and the
              > > conversation went along the lines of..
              > > 'look at the moon'
              > > 'that's weird'
              > > 'perhaps it's an eclipse'
              > >
              > > The next eclipse of the moon is apparently on August 28th in the early
              > > hours of the morning (New York time), so if we're up very late on the
              > > 27th we might even see something then! Most auspicious.
              > >
              > > Sarada
              > >

              > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
              > > no_reply@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I
              > would
              > > > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
              > > > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
              > > > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
              > > > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7
              > > p.m.
              > > > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky.
              > Oh
              > > > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
              > > >
              > > > Sharani

            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17, 2007
                Hello Nayak,

                Thank you for sharing these familiar stories! They remind me once I
                heard Guru saying how self-giving the Sun is; we can enjoy it freely at
                any time. It doesn´t demand anything in return.

                Not having enough time to surfing the library site, also thank you for
                the reminder of Guru´s poetry about the Moon and the Sun.

                I have just found this poem:

                O my soul.

                If you want to come down,

                Then come down with your