Re: Running Inspiration-Reincarnate Your Training

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
      Dear Arpan,
      I am sincerely touched that you took the time to write about how to
      gently ease into running after not doing it for a while. As a 3,100
      mile race veteran, you could easily cast aside even thinking about
      strategies for those in that category yet you compassionately and
      patiently take the time to write about it.

      I had some success with a similar technique as the one you describe
      that your disciple friend used. I do not have the name of the book
      that it comes from handy and the librarian in me apologizes for that.
      I'm in the middle of a big paper weeding, shredding, purging project
      and the technique I followed was given to me as some photocopies from
      a book. So it's in a pile somewhere but which pile, alas! :-)...

      The technique was quite similar except that it didn't have you start
      out with the 12 minute walking warm-up. But you slowly alternated
      timed amounts of walking, then jogging until eventually the jogging
      portions lasted longer than the walking portions. I found it really
      helpful to follow that kind of structure to gradually transition from
      walking to walking and running both. I highly recommend it to all who
      have struggled with running because of injury, etc. and want to return
      to it.

      Thanks for taking the time to share this training tip to round out all
      your other marathon training advice that you have so kindly shared
      with us in the centre.

      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo