The God of Wild Place

  • richard13_oxford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2007
      I enjoyed reading this article by Roger called "The God of Wild Places"

      "The mountaineer, the adventure racer, the desert explorer, the
      backpacker trekking in remote mountains or jungles- what is it they
      are seeking, and why are they seeking it in the extremes of nature and
      the elements? Undoubtedly there is some "vital urge" in us that
      thirsts for new and more intense sensations and experiences, even
      those potentially painful or arduous. But does this urge have its
      roots in something deeper, a spiritual longing or impulse from the soul?"

      http://www.writespirit.net/blog/archive/2007/02/27/god_wild_places

      Sri Chinmoy has often spoken on the inherent divinity of nature.

      Q. Why is it the beauty of nature gives me boundless joy?

      Sri Chinmoy: Precisely because the beauty of nature is the expression
      of the One who is all Beauty. Whenever we see something, we see inside
      that thing the inner presence, the inner consciousness, of its
      creator. The Creator of nature is God Himself. He expresses Himself in
      and through Nature. When we see nature's beauty, we get overwhelming
      joy because the Creator and Owner is God."

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/galaxy-beauty-stars/22.html

      regards,

      Richard