28th Anniversary, C.K.G.’s First Marathon in Chico, Cal.

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2007
      28th Anniversary, C.K.G.'s First Marathon in Chico, Cal.

      On March 3rd, 1979, Sri Chinmoy ran his first official marathon after
      only a few months of training. He did quite well at age 47, finishing
      in 4 hours, 31 minutes and 34 seconds.

      This coming weekend some people may be inspired to run a marathon,
      either officially or in their own training. Please share with us your
      experiences in this endeavor if you are so inspired. Nevertheless, we
      should never lose sight of the immortal achievements and the endless
      inspiration we are treated to by this and the many other marathons
      that Sri Chinmoy has participated in.

      For the 25th Anniversary, three years ago, I was inspired to write
      some running poems about Sri Chinmoy's running. This is the one I
      wrote about his first two marathons, the first in Chico and the second
      one in Toledo, Ohio, only three weeks later, taking off 36 minutes and
      breaking four hours; incredible progress and achievement for a novice
      marathoner who was almost 50 and a spiritual Master as well.

      Our Marathon Master

      Chico: 4:31:34,
      You bravely opened
      The marathon door.

      Toledo: 3:55:07,
      You powerfully smashed
      Obstruction-door
      And sent us all to Heaven.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        This is very inspiring news, Arpan. How I wish I could run a marathon
        at all at the moment.

        We all get so much inspiration from Sri Chinmoy through his own good
        example. We sometimes expect so much of others and have so long ways
        to go ourselves.

        This reminds me of a recent post by Nayak where he told us he was
        driving or going with Sri Chinmoy by car. Nayak noticed that Sri Chinmoy would do
        whatever he does with hundred percent concentration. I like to
        remember this.

        When I go out running sometimes I think of so many other things and
        find myself walking after a while. It definitely slows a person down.

        I hope I will ever be grateful enough to Sri Chinmoy for his tireless work
        in so many fields. Just incredible. And whatever he does is for us
        all.

        Doris

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo