My son

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007
      When Sri Chinmoy came to Berlin in 1990 he wished all new students to be
      lifted by him. (For those who do not know... Sri Chinmoy is honoring
      people of all kinds of walks of life by lifting them overhead.

      We were around 68 new students and also saw our teacher for the first
      time.

      My son was 7 years old at that time and was told he would be to small
      to get lifted (for safety reasons). He was so eager to be lifted
      that he bothered me repeatedly to ask the people coordinating the event
      whether they could make an exception and allow him to get lifted.
      He was accepted. When it was his turn he stood
      on the platform waiting for the lift to happen (usually Sri Chinmoy
      is concentrating for a while before doing the lift). The funny thing
      was that he was chewing chewing gum (hm... I didn't buy the gum) and the
      moment Guru lifted him it seemed to be unexpected to him; he stopped
      chewing and left his mouth wide open. The whole audience was
      laughing.

      Some years later he was around 11 or 12 we travelled to Prague,
      (Cechoslovakia) to help organising a concert Sri Chinmoy was going to
      give in that city. He became immediately friend with Devashishu.
      They spent much time together inspite
      my son didn't speak any English at that time. One of the amusing
      things for Devashishu was my son screaming "she is coming!!" meaning
      the tram they were supposed to go by. (Actually my son overheard ME
      saying that).

      Every year at the time of his birthday I ask him his desires for a
      birthday gift and he is not to shy to express them. Next week on
      Monday he will be celebrating his 25th birthday. I had already a joke
      on my lips when I asked him about this year's birthday gift.
      Surprisingly he said: "Peace of mind." Then there was silence for a
      while on both sides.

      A friend of his got a paralysis at the right half of his face,
      another friend of his died unexpectedly. This was sad news and for
      the first time we had a serious conversation about concentration and
      prayer.

      I deeply feel 'privileged' to get inner and outer help from our
      teacher Sri Chinmoy whenever I have an inner or outer problem and am
      also grateful that I can share with others what I am learning on the
      spiritual path. We never know what can happen in our lives. We can
      live for one hundred years or we can pass away tomorrow.

      This reminds me of a recent post by Richard (message 19575)that
      starts saying:

      "We never know how long we have to live, or what fate has in
      store..."

      It's worth it reading.