Two calls - Two poems

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2007
      A strong feeling came across me early Friday evening to sit and
      meditate, but somehow it was not happening. It was as if outer tasks
      rallied to form a demanding line before me. Like the biblical Mary and
      Martha in one person, (apparently) opposing inner and outer duties
      called plaintively. I thought to express this in poem form but -
      couldn't Sri Chinmoy could put this into words so much better than I?
      - but - we would express the same sentiment in our own way... I went
      ahead with my poem, then, still somehow reluctant to meditate, read.
      And came across the poem by Sri Chinmoy which ends the message.

      I want to meditate - but
      *************************

      I want to meditate - but
      Some things do not wait well
      Wet swim gear rolled in a towel

      I want to meditate - but
      Some things do not wait well
      Child craves tending

      I want to meditate - but
      Some things do not wait well
      Bodies need feeding

      I want to meditate - but
      Some things do not wait well
      Clothes for tomorrow by a washer

      I want to meditate
      Some things do not wait well
      An incarnation
      My Master's.

      Beverly

      Silence-teacher
      Is ignored.
      Sound-preacher
      Is extolled.

      Sri Chinmoy

      No. 10 from "Retirement Not Granted".
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/retirement-not-granted/10.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
        Hi Beverly,
        Thanks for sharing this powerful poem you wrote. I would certainly
        add it to the list of things that shouldn't wait - this poem is worth
        reading immediately.

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada