The Story of the Crying Camel

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
      In the vastness desert of Gobi in Mongolia a little camel
      seesthelight of day. The mother rejects it. But without the
      nourishing milk the little one is destined to die.

      Only an old ritual is able to help them: A Mongolian violinist is
      making the mother camel cry and melting it's heart - she accepts her
      child.

      This film is a very, very moving quiet 1.5 hour documentation
      recorded in 2001 by a Mongolia woman artist Byambasuren Davaa,
      studying in Germany. If I wouldn't have seen the camel crying I
      would not believe it. But the most touching part of the movie for me
      is the simple life of the Mongolian nomades accepting living
      conditions as they are in respect to nature.

      Most haunting melodies in a mantric way the woman is singing and
      carressing the mother camel in the presence of all the other family
      members. I so much enjoyed seeing their shining faces.

      I would like to send the DVD to someone responsible for inspiration-
      news-light if their is an interest. Whom can I contact?

      Doris

      P.S.Thank you all for the inspiring articles I am printing out and
      reading at home, but have no good connection at the moment.
    • johnji_nz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2007
        Hi Doris,

        Maleenendra would be the person to contact about Inspiration News and
        your DVD.

        Regards,

        John-Paul

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris