Re: George Washington University talk

  • newinspiration2003 <newinspiration2003@y
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
      --

      Thank you for sharing this cosmic and powerful speech by Sri
      Chinmoy. I had not read that before. My favorite parts are the
      closing paragraphs:

      Which is more difficult: to cry for liberation or, after having been
      libera
      ted, to
      cry for the illumination and transformation of the
      ignorance-loving, darkne=
      ss-
      embracing world? Undoubtedly, the latter.

      The poor liberated man: strange indeed is his fate. He constantly
      thinks of

      those who hardly ever think of him. When he stands before the
      world, the
      world acts like either a frightened child or a hostile child. A
      liberated m=
      an tells
      the world that God is not only knowable, but more than
      knowable. He also
      tells the world that it is easier to know God than to know the
      world, becau=
      se
      when he wants to know the world he has to know it through God
      and from
      God.

      Sri Krishna is Illumination Incarnate. The Buddha is Liberation
      Incarnate. =
      The
      Christ is Salvation Incarnate.

      The world is offering its Darkness to Sri Krishna. The world is
      offering it=
      Suffering to the Buddha. The world is offering its Sin to the
      Christ.

      The fallen consciousness of the world is flying toward the
      Highest Beyond t=
      be touched by Christ, the Saviour. The broken consciousness of
      the world is=

      diving into the Deepest Beyond to be embraced by Buddha, the
      Liberator.
      The molten consciousness of the world is marching toward the
      Farthest
      Beyond to be blessed by Krishna, the Illuminator.

      Sri Chinmoy

      These words have so much relevance, I believe, to our current
      world situation. The hearts of the people of the world are crying,
      consciously or unconsciously , for the illuminingg, healing
      presence of the divine. Those hearts are aching for the divine
      light to intervene on earth to bring peaceful solutions, inspired
      ideas, and a greater feeling of the oneness among humanity.
      Those prayerful hearts are reaching upward, invoking the
      presence of the spiritual masters of the past to help the world
      situation. This feeling is expressed so eloquently in this speech
      of Sri Chinmoy, whose message is as relevant and needed now
      as it was all those years ago!

      Atmatyagi