Weightlifting Inspiration

  • james3h2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      I would like to learn as much as possible about this.
      Thanks.

      { and many heartfelt thanks to the teacher)
    • martinfromzurich
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
        Hi James

        Nice that you are interested in the inspiration
        that Sri Chinmoy offers through weightlifting.

        If you look under:
        http://www.srichinmoy.org/sri_chinmoy/landmarks/athletics
        then you will find a short list of Sri Chinmoys achievements.

        If your interest goes into a special direction
        concerning weightlifting, then let me know,
        maybe I can answer some of your questions.

        Greetings
        Martin

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, james3h2000
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I would like to learn as much as possible about this.
        > Thanks.
        >
        > { and many heartfelt thanks to the teacher)

      • richard13_oxford
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2006
          There are some more resources on Sri Chinmoy's weightlifting here:

          http://www.srichinmoy.tv/sri_chinmoy_weightlifting

          I have been fortunate to watch many of Sri Chinmoy's weightlifting
          feats. Before I met Sri Chinmoy I would not have thought it possible
          for a 75 year old man to lift so much.

          It is also interesting to read Sri Chinmoy's comments on why he lifts.

          http://www.srichinmoy.tv/sri_chinmoy_weightlifting/why_do_you_do_this
          http://www.tiny.cc/jHJIr

          "If I am inspiring people and people are inspiring me, then we become
          good human beings. When we are inspired, we try to do many, many good
          things for mankind. When we are not inspired, we do many, many bad
          things. Inspiration is a divine element inside our life"

          Sri Chinmoy also gives credit to the Supreme for his lifting capacity.

          "When I do something, I know that my Supreme is 100 per cent
          responsible. Just yesterday, in my weightlifting prayer I said,
          "Indeed, a mystic journey." I know that if I can lift these heavy
          weights, it will be out of God's infinite Bounty."

          http://www.tiny.cc/p7DB3

          regards,

          Richard

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, martinfromzurich