Sri Chinmoy in Seattle

  • nayaknayaknayak
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
      A couple of notes about Sri Chinmoy's visit to Seattle. I believe that
      word will have already spread about the main events that took place in
      Seattle, but I would like to note some small things that happened. One
      note is that Sri Chinmoy is a terribly careful driver. True, I had the
      royal opportunity to be his driver during his 2-day visit, but his
      eyes were ever on the road ahead, and I drove through his eyes. Years
      ago, when I was driving Guru somewhere in Oregon, he asked me to keep
      farther back from the cars ahead (this was on the freeway). This was
      good advice, and I have ever after tried to keep a proper and safe
      distance behind other cars.

      ON the recent Seattle trip I was driving in Bellevue with the Master,
      and I looked ahead to see a driver sitting in their car in the exit
      driveway of a car park, waiting to pull into my lane to join the flow
      of traffic. I passed by this waiting car, but I should have honked to
      alert the driver, and I didn't. Guru, in very serious tones, told me
      that "God made eyes and he made ears, too." He went on to say that we
      need to use both in a situation like that. Eyes and EARS. Use the horn.

      ON another occasion very long ago, when Guru was in Seattle, he drove
      a car for a few miles, and Nandita and I had the privilege of being in
      the car with him as he drove. I have never seen such a conscious
      driver. When you and I drive, the driving is just a conveyance to get
      somewhere, and we talk, eat, daydream and do all kinds of things. But
      when Guru drives he is 100% in the driving role, and he is very
      focused on each driving move. He did use the horn for safety.

      Nayak
    • sarah_inseattle
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2006
        Here is a "small thing" that happened for me when Sri Chinmoy came
        to Seattle.

        A friend was coming from out of town to see Sri Chinmoy, and I
        offered to pick her up at the airport. At the last minute, there
        was an unexpected 45 minute delay in her flight arrival. As a
        result, I happened to pick her up just in time for us to to drive on
        and find Sri Chinmoy seated in the car Nayak was driving. They were
        preparing to pull away from the airport curb. What luck! We were
        flooded with such joy at the sight of our beloved teacher.

        In all, Sri Chinmoy's visit to Seattle was very heavenly. The
        biggest treat was how intimate it was, with less than 100 people
        present.

        One night, Pipasa had put together a skit to highlight amusing
        comments made by Sri Aurobindo, as collected by a doctor at the
        ashram. The comments had been gathered to show the humorous and
        clever side of Sri Aurobindo; that he was not all seriousness. The
        skit inspired Guru to bless us with many, many, stories about the
        doctor, the ashram, and more. We sat rapt as he shared story after
        story.

        Sri Chinmoy was seated up front in a familiar-type reclining chair, facing
        rows of us students. It was a moment to be frozen in time.

        With gratitude,
        Sarah
        Seattle

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak