Re: Poem...by Sri Chinmoy - used in various contexts; interactive punctuation

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2006
      AHHHH, True, grasshopper, true!

      But, when was the last time you heard
      a rock complaining?

      When was the last time you heard a rock crying?

      When, grasshopper, when, was the last time you saw
      a rock smiling?

      Ahhhh, grasshopper, you have a long way to go, yes.....
      and until you answer my questions correctly,
      you may not leave this place....Huh!

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adhiratha
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I appreciate the dynamic as expresed by Kamalakanta and the
      > encouragement by Doris via unofficial quotes from Sri Chinmoy:
      >
      > A possible Summary perspective with interactive punctuation:
      >
      > I am grateful since I have come some ways from the rock. (? !)*
      > I am impatient since I still have so far to go. (? !)
      >
      > * reader please choose end line punctuation to reflect mood :-).
      > - Adhiratha
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Somehow the poem reminds me of this one by Guru:
      > >
      > > "Beauty tells me that I am ugly,
      > > Purity tells me that I am impure,
      > > Sincerity tells me that I am insincere,
      > > I ask my sweet Lord if it is all true.
      > > My Lord says: "How can you be ugly My child, when My own Light is
      > > your body?
      > > How can you be impure , my child, when My Divinity is your heart's
      > > birthright?
      > > How can you be insincere, My child, when I Myself use your soul to
      > > speak through your mouth?"
      > >
      > > "Unofficial"
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Happy I Am With My Lord's Compassion-Feet
      > > >

      > > > "Happy I am with my Lord's Compassion-Feet.
      > > > But happy I am not with my aspiration-heart,
      > > > dedication-body and realisation-life."
      > > > -Sri Chinmoy
      > > > [unofficial]
      > > >
      > > > This poem describes my life perfectly!
      > > >
      > > > Kamalakanta

    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
        Great article, Slava. Refreshing and relieving to find that the
        short-termism, so rife in western business, may gradually give way to
        a more holistic and stable approach. This seems to me the ultimate
        proof that the ancient art of meditation is practical. I never dreamed
        I could read such an article within the span of my own lifetime. Very
        encouraging.

        Sumangali

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, do_slava

        http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2006/gb20061019_650475.htm?chan=search

        > Slava D.

      • do_slava
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
          Thank you, Sumangali. The moment I read this article at work, I felt
          like jumping up from my seat and running to my big regional boss
          asking him to start heeding this ageless wisdom. But then I thought
          to myself that I could probably do better by trying to embody this
          wisdom in my daily work. Worth the effort.

          Slava D.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m