Re: Self Transcendence & Meditation better than nap - NY times 2006-Oct-24

  • adhiratha
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2006
      What a great site. Thanks Prachar. I appreciated the new blog too.
      http://www.writespirit.net/blog

      At the blog I found link to a recent NY times piece I had missed.
      Could be good for those giveing courses on meditation at various
      locations. It shares recent research which documents that meditation
      is better than an afternon nap
      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/health/24perf.html?ref=health
      The study found that alertness was the highest after meditation,
      followed by caffeine, exercise and then napping.

      This forum may have interest in future results if they also go on to
      test intentionally combining napping and meditation. Ahhhhh
      transcendence...
      - Adhiratha

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, one_prachar