Poem...by Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2006
      Happy I Am With My Lord's Compassion-Feet

      "Happy I am with my Lord's Compassion-Feet.
      But happy I am not with my aspiration-heart,
      dedication-body and realisation-life."
      -Sri Chinmoy
      [unofficial]

      This poem describes my life perfectly!

      Kamalakanta
    • doriscott20002000
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
        Somehow the poem reminds me of this one by Guru:

        "Beauty tells me that I am ugly,
        Purity tells me that I am impure,
        Sincerity tells me that I am insincere,
        I ask my sweet Lord if it is all true.
        My Lord says: "How can you be ugly My child, when My own Light is
        your body?
        How can you be impure , my child, when My Divinity is your heart's
        birthright?
        How can you be insincere, My child, when I Myself use your soul to
        speak through your mouth?"

        "Unofficial"

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Happy I Am With My Lord's Compassion-Feet
        >

        > "Happy I am with my Lord's Compassion-Feet.
        > But happy I am not with my aspiration-heart,
        > dedication-body and realisation-life."
        > -Sri Chinmoy
        > [unofficial]
        >
        > This poem describes my life perfectly!
        >
        > Kamalakanta

      • do_slava
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
          Read this artcile published in this week's issue of Business Week that
          describes a fundamental impact Indian spirituality is having on big
          business:

          http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2006/gb20061019_650475.htm?chan=search

          Slava D.
        • adhiratha
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2006
            I appreciate the dynamic as expresed by Kamalakanta and the
            encouragement by Doris via unofficial quotes from Sri Chinmoy:

            A possible Summary perspective with interactive punctuation:

            I am grateful since I have come some ways from the rock. (? !)*
            I am impatient since I still have so far to go. (? !)

            * reader please choose end line punctuation to reflect mood :-).
            - Adhiratha
            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 29, 2006
              AHHHH, True, grasshopper, true!

              But, when was the last time you heard
              a rock complaining?

              When was the last time you heard a rock crying?

              When, grasshopper, when, was the last time you saw
              a rock smiling?

              Ahhhh, grasshopper, you have a long way to go, yes.....
              and until you answer my questions correctly,
              you may not leave this place....Huh!

              Kamalakanta

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adhiratha
              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > I appreciate the dynamic as expresed by Kamalakanta and the
              > encouragement by Doris via unofficial quotes from Sri Chinmoy:
              >
              > A possible Summary perspective with interactive punctuation:
              >
              > I am grateful since I have come some ways from the rock. (? !)*
              > I am impatient since I still have so far to go. (? !)
              >
              > * reader please choose end line punctuation to reflect mood :-).
              > - Adhiratha
              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Somehow the poem reminds me of this one by Guru:
              > >
              > > "Beauty tells me that I am ugly,
              > > Purity tells me that I am impure,
              > > Sincerity tells me that I am insincere,
              > > I ask my sweet Lord if it is all true.
              > > My Lord says: "How can you be ugly My child, when My own Light is
              > > your body?
              > > How can you be impure , my child, when My Divinity is your heart's
              > > birthright?
              > > How can you be insincere, My child, when I Myself use your soul to
              > > speak through your mouth?"
              > >
              > > "Unofficial"
              > >

              > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
              > > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Happy I Am With My Lord's Compassion-Feet
              > > >

              > > > "Happy I am with my Lord's Compassion-Feet.
              > > > But happy I am not with my aspiration-heart,
              > > > dedication-body and realisation-life."
              > > > -Sri Chinmoy
              > > > [unofficial]
              > > >
              > > > This poem describes my life perfectly!
              > > >
              > > > Kamalakanta

            • sumangali_m
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 30, 2006
                Great article, Slava. Refreshing and relieving to find that the
                short-termism, so rife in western business, may gradually give way to
                a more holistic and stable approach. This seems to me the ultimate
                proof that the ancient art of meditation is practical. I never dreamed
                I could read such an article within the span of my own lifetime. Very
                encouraging.

                Sumangali

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, do_slava
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Read this artcile published in this week's issue of Business Week that
                > describes a fundamental impact Indian spirituality is having on big
                > business:

                http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2006/gb20061019_650475.htm?chan=search

                > Slava D.

              • do_slava
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
                  Thank you, Sumangali. The moment I read this article at work, I felt
                  like jumping up from my seat and running to my big regional boss
                  asking him to start heeding this ageless wisdom. But then I thought
                  to myself that I could probably do better by trying to embody this
                  wisdom in my daily work. Worth the effort.

                  Slava D.

                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m